Chapter 51 - Journey to Anaxes

Yay, we've finally reached the Bad Batch Arc of the Clone Wars!

Since Calli is now an ARC Trooper, this is her new armor!

This chapter is dedicated to MandolorianJedi! It's got a scene in the first part that you requested a while back!

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

The Bad Batch was infamous for its 100% success rate on missions, and they were all proud of the fact. However, sometimes Calli wondered how they maintained such a record because almost always something went wrong, and they'd have to improvise or just plain shoot their way out of a bad situation.

Like right now. The team had been sent to Yalbec Prime to stop an insurrection. The goal was to take down the queen in hopes that the other yalbecs would go into a frenzy without their leader, thus ending the revolt. They lived in catacombs below the surface, and it was super fun trying to navigate through them to find the throne room.

Calli was stationed at the main entrance, using her staff to stun any reinforcements that tried to come to aid the guards and Queen. So far, she'd only had a total of fifteen try to sneak in and since the only thing they had in the way of weapons were primal (i.e., staffs, swords) Calli fought them off with her electro staff, having the advantage of being able to stun the creatures. Calli kept her comm on to keep tabs on her brothers and all seemed to go according to plan. It seemed that this mission was going off without a hitch.

Of course, Calli spoke - er, thought - this too soon. She heard what sounded like something being sliced and thought nothing of it at first, until approximately twenty seconds later her helmet was filled with Wrecker's shrieks.

"Ahhhhhhh! What are they doing?? What are they doing?? Get away!" Now Calli knew she should never abandon her post, but after hearing confused yelling and swearing - from Crosshair - the female clone knew that something had gone wrong.

Calli weaved through the catacombs, using the map Tech had constructed in the couple hours they spent wandering the place to find the throne room in under three minutes. The sight before her made her head tilt in confusion. The Yalbecs were no longer wielding their weapons, yet were chasing her brothers around, appearing to be in some sort of frenzy. She didn't have much time to dwell on that though as more shrieks could be heard from Wrecker who had the most Yalbecs on his tail than the rest.

The boys tried to shoot over their shoulders at the Yalbecs but even Crosshair wasn't able to land any good shots as the creatures were swift and Calli had heard that, like Jedi, they could sense the blaster shots as they were coming, and it made it easy for them to dodge the attacks as they came.

"Don't just stand there, help us!" Crosshair shouted as he zoomed past Calli who remained in her place while watching the scene unfold. Blinking out of her stupor, Calli did a dramatic roll of her eyes and with one hand she undid the clasp to the cloak that hung around her neck and covered ¾ of her right side. Yalbec Prime turned out to be quite chilly and Calli was smart enough to add an extra layer to her armor. But Calli sometimes had a flair for the dramatic and it was a common joke across the galaxy about how Jedi would discard their cloaks before going into battle and Calli wanted to have a dramatic moment like that. The cloth which had holes at the edges from previous battles and felt to a heap on the dirt floor.