Chapter 38 - The Next Morning Pt.1

Sorry it's taken me longer than usual to post this chapter! My brain has been kinda burnt out! Hopefully it'll be better in a couple days!

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

When Scar woke up late the next morning, the first thing she did was run to the refresher and throw up, not even noticing the curled up form of Jace who was still asleep in the chair by the window.

As she kneeled by the toilet, already having emptied the contents of her stomach and now just letting out haggard breaths mixed with a couple miserable groans, Scar mentally scolded herself for being weak last night. Getting wasted did not make her feel better, instead now she felt worse off than yesterday. The fact that Scar doesn't remember all that transpired last night concerned her. Then it registered that she was back at Padmé's place and now Scar was confused on top of everything else. Did she actually manage to find her way back here last night?

After she was done dry heaving, Scar shakily got back on her feet and flushed the toilet before heading over to the sink. Turning on the faucet to the coldest water temperature setting, Scar splashed some onto her face to help wake her up, though she knew her mind would be foggy and sluggish today regardless of what she did. Let's not even mention the extreme headache.

Once Scar had brushed her teeth, she left the bathroom, her feet dragging on the floor as she went over to her bed and after getting on, flop face down on her pillow with a pitiful whine. Scar was debating whether or not to stay in bed a little longer when she suddenly heard a sound that told her someone else was in the room and after swiftly taking out her blaster she sat up and twisted her body to be facing the direction of the noise while holding the weapon out, ready to shoot. Imagine her surprise, and utter confusion, when her eyes landed on Jace who was just waking up.

"What the heck are you doing here?!" She exclaimed loudly, causing Jace to startle. He attempted to sit up but unfortunately fell out of the chair, hitting the ground with a thud followed by a quiet "ow" in a tired voice. Scar raised an eyebrow while lowering her blaster, silently thankful that it wasn't an intruder as she'd forgotten to take the safety off. Though she was still wondering why Jace was sleeping in her room.

Speaking of which, from the way Jace hadn't gotten up it appeared he'd fallen back asleep. Scar was unsure on what to do. On one hand she didn't want to wake him up as he looked so peaceful asleep (though she couldn't see his face as he had his back to Scar) and she found it adorable. This made her shake her head, blaming the hangover for the weird thought. She needed to find out what happened last night. Scar was too lazy to get out of bed though, and opted to throw a pillow. It hit the back of Jace's head and he grunted in annoyance. After a few seconds he rolled onto his back and reluctantly opened his eyes while sitting up, letting out a yawn.

"Nice bedhead." Scar said flatly, finding the way his blond hair stuck up in a hundred different directions hilarious though she felt too sick to voice her amusement. And Jace was still half asleep and could care less, though he did lazily run his fingers through his hair in an attempt to tame the mess. "What happened last night?"

"How much do you remember?" Jace asked, his voice raspy, making Scar's heart flutter for some odd reason and it made it harder to concentrate as she tried to recall last night's events.

"Um, I remember going to 79's...ordering one - no three - shots of whiskey... I think I ordered a cocktail... Rex and Fives...and I'm drawing a blank after that."

"You were flat out drunk when I found you and got into a fight with a patron." Scar grimaced in embarrassment, as she could hear the disapproval in Jace's tone. Then the grimace was replaced with a confused expression.