Chapter 34 - Dad Hunter

The whole group spent the night in the escape pod and made their way back to the Havoc Marauder at first light, Wrecker being the one to carry Scar because of her broken leg.

Scar felt embarrassed not being able to walk on her own, though Wrecker was quick to assure that it was no big deal as she was small and weighed practically nothing to him (this earned him a punch on the shoulder).

At one point they ran into a group of rogue Seppie droids and Hunter ordered that they split up to separate the droidz and it would be easier to take them out. Scar, not about to be out of a fight because of her injury, situated herself on Wrecker's shoulder and shot down droids that way(Wrecker thought it was hilarious and went along with it).

When Scar first laid eyes on the Havoc Marauder, her heart leaped with joy upon seeing her home, though it was quickly replaced by an ache when they got closer and she saw just how badly damaged it was. The right wing was completely torn off and the left was barely staying attached to the ship. There was no way to restore power, and even if they did they couldn't send a transmission with the storm interference.

For two more days the group was stranded before a Republic Ship entered the atmosphere, as they finally deemed it safe enough to travel to the Malevolence II wreckage to see if there were any survivors. Scar never thought she'd be so happy to see reg clones as they administered first aid, giving her a proper splint until they would get back to the Jedi Cruiser while the other regs helped load whatever of their possessions could be salvaged from the Havoc Marauder. The boys and Scar strongly insisted that the ship be taken and repaired - it was a good thirty minute argument between the two groups with poor Jace in the middle, playing mediator lest they start opening fire - but unfortunately in the end the regs won and the compromise was that they gather whatever they could find, which included Lula and Precious (that's what Scar had named her tooka doll). The Batch was forced to say goodbye to their old, loyal ship with the promise that a new and much better equipped one would be given them.

The next couple days Scar spent in the medical wing of a Jedi Cruiser, in and out of the bacta tank until her broken leg was healed along with the concussion.

Scar didn't see much of Jace once they were off world, and she wondered how he was holding up with the death of his Master, now that she knew for sure he was gone.

She didn't expect him to come find her just as she was discharged from the medical wing and ask her something that she was now discussing with Hunter.

"He wants you to go to Coruscant with him? Alone?" Hunter asked, the thought of Scar going anywhere by herself with a boy enough to send him into cardiac arrest. But to be parsecs away, well, might as well bury him.

"Well, the captain of the late General's battalion will also be coming. So we won't be alone." Scar couldn't understand why Hunter was reacting the way he was, she'd proven that she could get along with Jedi and couldn't possibly still be afraid she'd do something stupid. She didn't realize there was an entirely different reason for him not wanting to let her go.

"That's not exactly comforting." Hunter said gruffly, making Scar roll her eyes, "Why is he asking you to come anyway?"

"Jace felt that one of us should attend to represent our squad, since we were the last ones he fought with."

"Why only one of us?" The Sergeant questioned, immediately wondering if this Jace kid had a motive for wanting only Scar to come. Yes, Hunter knew he was Jedi, but the overprotective side of him wasn't up to listening to reason right now.

Scar shrugged, "I don't know, something about the Jedi Council already being iffy about having the Captain attend, apparently Jedi funerals are mostly private and they knew that General Vyn had problems with clones. But Jace insisted on having his captain and one of us attend."