Chapter 32 - Apologies

Scar woke up feeling very warm and snug, and wondered how it was possible. The mattress on her bunk was just barely comfortable enough for her to sleep on and the thin blanket never made her feel this cozy. Plus, the heater on the ship had been broken.

Nevertheless, Scar found herself nestling further into the warmth, thinking that this must be a fluke but a welcome one at that. She squeezed tighter what she thought was her pillow, only for it to make a noise of protest. In her half asleep daze, it took Scar a minute to realize that pillows don't make any noise.

Despite this fact, Scar still had half a mind to fall back asleep, her grogginess making it hard to wake up fully. It was highly unusual for the girl to feel so sluggish, even in the morning. The thought alone sent a jolt of alarm through her, somehow her fuzzy mind finally putting two and two together that something wasn't right.

It still took Scar a good two minutes before her eyes would cooperate enough to open, though her vision was still a bit disoriented. She shakily tried to lift her upper body up, but something strong and firm prevented her from doing so, only able to lift herself a couple inches up and Scar finally thought to look beneath her. Imagine her surprise, which quickly turned to horror when she found herself looking at a sleeping Jace and it was one of his arms that was keeping her firm against his chest.

What the - how did this happen???

The last of the sedative (which Scar didn't remember Jace had given her just yet) seemed to wear off as she quickly did everything in her power to move off of the Jedi. Thankfully with her enhanced strength Scar was easily able to reach back and remove Jace's arm from around her middle, not caring whether or not she hurt him or woke the guy up in the process.

Once Scar had fully detached her body from his did she relax and then try to piece together what happened. But a familiar voice spoke up.

"Good morning."

"Hey Crosshair." Scar replied immediately out of habit, before it registered and her head snapped in the direction of the voice, seeing the sniper casually sitting where hours before he was laying down on the verge of death, his normal color back and signature toothpick between his lips. "Crosshair!" Scar practically shouted, causing the young Jedi beside her to stir but she could care less. She crawled over to him, barely noticing the pain that erupted from her wounded leg when she tried moving it, and let it drag while she reached Crosshair's side.

He was going to say a snide remark about how terrible she looked, but the words died on his tongue when two small, shaking hands grasped each side of his head and it was then that he noticed the tears in Scar's eyes as she looked at him with a mixture of relief yet confusion.

"You're OK!" She exclaimed, her eyebrows drawing together as she tried to remember what happened, taking her hands off his face as she tried to think, "How are you ok?" Crosshair shrugged.

"I was hoping you'd tell me. I woke up and my blaster wound was healed."

"Healed?" She glanced down at his exposed chest(he'd put his black top back on but left it unbuttoned) and saw that where the blaster wound had been, all that was left was a faint scar. The female clone was baffled at first, wondering how that was possible. Then she looked back at Jace(who'd fallen back asleep) as it dawned on her. Crosshair followed her line of thought.

"He used his force healing, didn't he." It was more of a statement than a question, and Scar turned back to look at Crosshair with confusion.

"How'd you know about that?"

"He told me about his abilities while we were en route to the mission. Nice kid." Scar narrowed her eyes suspiciously.

"What do you mean by that?" Crosshair shrugged indifferently while taking the toothpick out of his mouth and flicking it away.