Chapter 37 - Drunken Adventures

Sorry it took a little while to get this chapter done!

WARNING: There is drinking in this chapter, Scar does get drunk. If that triggers you, please do not read!
○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Scar couldn't believe that the man was standing less than a hundred feet away from her. A million thoughts were going through her head and she became oblivious to the world around her. Her heart was pounding and she felt her body begin to tremble as a series of emotions went through her.

Shock.

Fear.

Anger.

Sadness.

The image of Jango being killed played in her mind and the presence of the man made Scar felt she was back on Geonosis. She wanted to yell, to scream, but found herself unable to do so.

Suddenly, a new type of anger that she's never experienced before filled her veins. It was a vengeful one and Scar felt her shaking hands twitch as her rage temporarily blinded her and made her want to do the unthinkable. Despite her vow to never take someone's life, Scar felt that this could be an exception. It would be justice. Her left hand inched towards her blaster, not thinking of the consequences she'd face for killing a Jedi.

"Uh, Scar?" Ahsoka said after thirty seconds of awkward silence. The female clone didn't respond and Ahsoka said her name louder while reaching over and gently shaking the girl's shoulder. This got a reaction out of Scar, who jumped violently from the contact as if Ahsoka's hand had burned her. "Is everything alright?" Ahsoka asked once Scar finally looked at her with wide eyes, looking as if she'd just seen a ghost.

Her mind snapped out of the rage induced trance it had been under. She glanced back at Mace Windu and internally sighed, retracing her hand that was just a few centimeters away from reaching her blaster. It took the female clone a good fifteen seconds to respond, though her voice was quiet and shaky as she spoke.

"Uh, I have to go." She declared and the pair of Jedi looked at her with surprise. She doesn't offer any explanation, nor thinks about Jace and how he'll wonder where she went as she leaves abruptly, making a beeline for the nearest exit. She paid no mind to the questioning looks from any of the Jedi as she quickly walked, her tunnel vision making her almost time into a group of younglings, and she almost tripped over the green creature that was barely a foot tall and resembled Master Yoda. It babbled curiously at her though she ignored it.

Finally she reached the grand entrance and after bursting through the main doors Scar broke into a run. She went through the courtyard and scrambled down the grand staircase two steps at a time, almost tripping a few times as she did so but it did little to slow her down.

Once at the bottom of the stairs Scar didn't stop running.

Scar ran and ran until her lungs were on fire and she couldn't press on any further. She found a deserted alleyway and collapsed behind some abandoned crates, hidden from any prying eyes as she broke down, if curling up into a ball and rocking back and forth while biting down on the arm that wasn't mechanical to prevent her from screaming was considered that. Mixed with the sadness and anger was shock over what she almost did and partly still wanted to do.

Scar was prepared to kill Windu. She hasn't, not once since that dreadful day, ever considered doing such a thing. And the fact she wanted to didn't sit well with her, in fact it terrified the girl.

She found herself wishing the guys were here, specifically Hunter or Crosshair as they always seemed to have the right words to say. And despite having a slight aversion to human contact, Scar also wanted Wrecker there to scoop up into one of his big bear hugs that he was so good at giving. And Tech, well, just his presence was comforting. He was always able to decipher her thoughts and she wouldn't have to explain anything because he just knew.