Chapter 28 - Fight in the Cafeteria

Scar immediately had second thoughts about going to the cafeteria because the minute she entered all eyes were on her. Scar did her best to ignore the unsubtle glances and murmurings, most of them being about her scar.

She instead focused on getting food, though what was offered here was only slightly better than ration bars. The ration packs contained three pieces of veg-meat and polystarch bread. (Basically what Rey had in The Force Awakens)

Yum. At least the textures were different from the bars, and that was enough to move Scar to grab one pack to eat now and sneak a couple into one of the pouches on her belt to eat another time - and she won't be sharing it with the others.

After getting two cups of water - one to drink and the other to mix with the polystarch flour which would cause a chemical reaction that would result in the tasteless but moist bread - Scar purposely sat in a corner where she hoped no one would bother her.

But nothing can go right for Scar, can it? She sighed when she heard footsteps coming closer to her and silently hoped they would walk past her.

"Hang on, you're not a clone." Scar scoffed but didn't turn to see the reg.

"I'm wearing clone armor, aren't I?" She asked rhetorically before taking a bite out of her bread. Instead of walking away, the footsteps walked around and the reg sat across from her. The cocky, mischievous smirk he wore told Scar that he was looking for trouble. She did a quick scan of his armor and internally sighed. Besides a couple of minor scratches on the white plastoid, the armor was clean. He was a shiny, a.k.a rookie, probably fresh off of Kamino.

This should be fun.

"You can't be a clone." The reg said, very sure that he was right, like Scar didn't have a clue as to who she was and that made the female clone roll her eyes.

"Listen, I think I would know what I am." She deadpanned, "Now beat it, I'm not in the mood for a fight." The clone either didn't hear and chose to ignore her request because he instead asked what squad she was from. Could he not see the number 99 on her shoulder pads? Scar sighed but answered just to humor him. "Clone Force 99." She said with forced calmness and the reg laughed with surprise.

"Get out of here." He said and Scar raised an eyebrow at his response, "I knew Clone Force 99 wasn't your typical clone squad, but I didn't know they had a little girl as part of it." Scar felt the final thread of her patience snap and she dropped her roll of bread and clicked her tongue, being scarily calm as she stared at the reg.

Each member of the Bad Batch had a term that they hated being called above other names, for example Tech's was four eyes and Crosshair was stringbean(Scar had learned that one the hard way).

For Scar, any crack about her size made anger burn in her chest, but 'little girl' struck a different nerve. It made her sound helpless and she was anything but that. She wished people would see her as another equal member of The Bad Batch, as one of the guys so to speak.

Focusing back on the present, Scar dropped her calm facade and cast a glare at the clone.

"Listen buddy, I didn't come here to take crap from a shiny." The clone's eyes widened at the term then narrowed and he pointed at the girl.

"What did you call me?" He asked in a dangerously low voice, and Scar smirked, not afraid of him at all.

"I think you heard me perfectly clear." She retorted and the clone clenched his fists while snarling.

"You're lucky you're just a little girl."

Scar could hear Hunter's voice in her mind telling her to just let the comment slide. Just leave without causing any more trouble.