Chapter 12 - Rescue

When Callista woke up and after the initial fogginess wore off a sigh of disappointment left her lips when she saw that she was once again in a prison cell - except this time her body was suspended in the air by energy bonds.

When the droids had overpowered her, she'd thought for sure that she was done for. And Callista had decided that it wasn't such a bad way to go, if anything her death would have been quick. But of course that was too much to hope for. Apparently they still found some reason to keep her alive and Callista had a feeling they would deal with her harshly for escaping.

She lifted her head when the ray shield was deactivated and in walked the same Tactical Droid from before.

"If you're going to ask me where the Senator is, you're wasting your time. I'm sure someone has picked her up already and she's off the planet. Your brilliant plan has failed."

"We've detected no ships entering our atmosphere. She is still here and you will tell me where she is." Callista pretended to think for a moment then shook her head.

"Sorry, my lips are sealed."

"We have alternatives to make you talk." Callista didn't have to guess what the Droid meant by that as a droid that she hadn't noticed walked in pressed a button on a console that she also didn't see in the front right corner of the cell.

Her face screwed up in pain as her entire body convulsed as electricity shot through her. It lasted for about five seconds, but to Callista it seemed longer. Her breaths were haggard after being shocked, which the Droid noticed and he prompted her to give up any information she had.

"Not happening." Callista spat while glaring into the emotionless eyes of the Droid, who turned and nodded at the b-1 Droid manning the console.

This time Callista cried out in distress as her body felt as her body exploded once more in red hot searing pain.

This wasn't going to be pleasant.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

The Havoc Marauder came out of hyperspace.

"So how do we plan on finding them?" Wrecker asked Hunter.

"We can pinpoint where the hologram came from, right Tech?"

"Well, we can find the location of the base, but if Aria and Senator Robb had escaped then they wouldn't be there." Tech answered, making everyone blanch at the realization.

"Then how are we supposed to find them? Do a foot search of the entire planet?" Crosshair asked, hoping that wasn't the case. Tech rolled his eyes.

"Of course not. Since they haven't contacted us yet, we can assume their attempt to steal a ship was a failure which means they are traveling on foot. I can calculate how far they could have walked in the four hours it took for us to get here. Assuming they didn't stop to rest somewhere though I might have to factor that in -" a sudden beeping filled the cockpit and Tech picked up his datapad he'd set down on the floor by his chair. "The datapad is picking up something." Tech explained as he pressed a few buttons. His brothers watched as Tech's eyes widened.
"It's Aria's comm signal." He revealed.

"Can we track it?" Hunter asked eagerly. If they could, then this rescue mission would go a lot quicker.

"It's not a strong signal, but if we amplify it then yes."

"Wait, if we can track her signal then the Separatists can too." Crosshair pointed out, making Hunter's hope of an easy mission fade away as quickly as it came. "What if it's a trap?" Tech raised his pointer finger, a signal for the rest to prepare for a long explanation.