𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙫.

𝘅𝘅𝗶𝘃. 𝘀𝗵𝗲'𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸

It was no use.

No matter how much she turned, how many playlists she had gone through, none of them seemed to bring her the privilege that is sleep.

She turned her head to read the digital alarm clock she had displayed on her nightstand, which also just so happened to be her only source of light excluding the moonlight shining through her blinds.

It's not like this was a new occurrence for her, and it was also like she had absolutely no idea what to do. She needed to think anyways, so a breath of fresh air was a win win.

She'd waste time all while getting her much needed thinking time.

Yura swiped her house keys and phone, deciding to just go out in the clothes she was already lounging in. Not like she'd care if anyone saw her anyways.

. . .

Chan stepped out of the car which had had borrowed from his oh so dear leader. Coups was too nice to him, he knew that. Of course things were a-o-kay nowadays, but less than a day ago he couldn't even keep his mind straight.

He walked through the familiar complex he knew all too well. It was almost as if he himself lived there, and the dorms were only extra accommodations, which they might as well be.

There wasn't a sound, and not a person in sight. Well, he shouldn't have expected that at 1am in the morning. Plus, it was better for his celebrity-self anyways.

Chan knocked once on the large door, Yura's jacket in his free hand. No one responded, in fact not a sound was heard from inside the apartment.

And so, he knocked again. Even attempting to call her, to which he was left to leave a voicemail, something he didn't do.

Again, it was already 1am, and she was most likely asleep. No, his insomniac friend had never fallen asleep before 3am, he knew that for sure.

As chan pulled his phone from his pocket to call her once again, he darted his head towards the sound of an opening door to his left.

"hi! are you a friend of yura's?" asked a rather bubbly and energetic girl who peeked her head outside her door. Chan was gullible and naive, and so he genuinely answered.

"yes! and who are you?"

"i'm Yura's neighbor and best friend Minji!"

"oh, she never said she had another best friend. . ." chan confusedly said while fumbling with his fingers. Minji's face displayed panic for a split second before she recollected herself and started walking towards the boy.

"Yura's out right now" Minji said with a smile, looking into the eyes of the male before him, rather lovingly.

"oh really? Where?"

"oh she um, didn't tell me" Minji scratched her nape and gave an apologetic look towards chan who was just about to walk away.

Without a second thought, she grabbed his wrist and pulled him towards her.

"i'm sure she'll be back in a bit, why don't you wait in my apartment" She looked so innocent and kind, it was almost impossible for Chan to refuse her nice request.

"oh yea, that'd be nice" He shot her a smile and continued to follow her into the apartment.

. . .

"So how did you and Yura become friends?" Chan who was now sitting on Minji's couch and drinking some water, asked.

The girl across from him on an ottoman hesitated before speaking a rather deformed sentence.

"i- well we go way back aha" She cursed herself under her breath before pulling a fake smile.

"from the states?"

"Yes! Yeah um from the states" Chan nodded his head in following.

"i see, how cool!" He gave a big bright smile towards minji and she sighed in releif.

. . .

Chan's eyes glanced towards the digital clock which read the extremely late, or now rather, early time.

He fell into a quick state of panic, he just knew coups would beat his ass when he got back, and so he abruptly stood up from the couch, Minji's eyes in confusion as she looked at the boy.

"sorry, i should probably go now heh" He rested his hand behind his neck and gave a sincere apologetic smile as he then proceeded to grab his minimal belongings.

"oh um yeah of  course!"

𝘈 / 𝘕 !

Hello! i'm sorry for the short and late update! I've been losing a bit motivation these days as i feel this story is dragging on, but i will try my best to update and hopefully speed up the story a bit more from now on :)