𝙫𝙞𝙞.

𝘃𝗶𝗶. 𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗸𝗲𝘆 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗱
a/n below

Yura had gotten little to no sleep that night.

Jisoo was all that was on her mind and he intrigued her, to say the least. It was fun talking with him, it was entertaining interacting with him, I mean she could fall asleep to that calm voice. But no, she'd never admit that. All her thoughts boiled down to was her night insomnia, nothing more nothing less.

. . .

"Shit." Yura groaned as she struggled to pull on her boots, but it was okay, as long as it was for fashion.

Most people would be enjoying their Saturday relaxing but that was clearly not the case for Yura. She mentally cursed herself every 5 minutes for actually agreeing to go watch Chan perform but of course anything Chan wants Chan gets and that was sadly the reality. It wasn't that she didn't want to see him or Seventeen perform, but the 8:30 am schedule was more or less a deal breaker.

"MINHEE MY LOVE!" Yura exclaimed, answering her friend's spontaneous call.

"DUDE GUESS WHO'S ASS IS FINALLY IN KOREA."

"No. Fucking. Way."

"Yes. Fucking. Way."

"THAT LITTLE RAT DIDN'T TELL ME?"

"Oh, he didn't tell me either. I just so happened to stumble upon his story and sharing is caring!"

"I'm calling him."

"You do that!"

Yura quickly ended the call with Minhee and dialed a familiar number. Each ring felt like an hour long and the girl resorted to tapping her foot on the ground impatiently. To be fair, her own precious best friend #3 was back in Korea and he didn't bother to break the horrible news. How dare he.

"What."

"JIN. HO."

"Yes?"

"DUDE YOUR BACK?" He only sighed at her hyper-ness. Clearly, no time away from her would ever change her personality.

"Yes yes, my dear."

"DUDE FOR REAL THE SQUAD NEEDS TO MEET UP!" Yura started with countless hangout ideas circling her head.

"You forget that Chan's a celebrity don't you?"

She paused. "Oh yeah huh? Whatevs we'll make it happen jinwhore."

"STOP CALLING ME THAT."

"NO." Yura ended the call before Jinho completely cursed her out. She valued her life at least a teeny tiny bit.

Her anxiety about the upcoming events was now brushed away. The only thing on her mind was the fact that the squad of the century needed to reunite seeing as they had all sort of lost contact over the years.

Minhee was busy studying in college,
Yura was constantly working toward her artist career,
Chan had become a whole ass idol,
and Jinho had moved to the States for college.

It was about time for Yura to fulfill her uniter status and she desperately needed to break the news to Chan as soon as possible. Yura quickly retrieved her bag from her chair and rushed herself to her car.

𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺

_𝙢𝙞𝙣.𝙮𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙖𝙖 friends are temporary, swag is forever.
Liked by minnie_hee and 87,128 others

View comments ::

𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙚_𝙝𝙚𝙚 very true!
↳ 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙚_𝙝𝙚𝙚 when ur bsf's a main slayer>>>
↳ _𝙢𝙞𝙣.𝙮𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙖𝙖 i'm honored

𝙟𝙞𝙣_𝙝𝙤𝙚. ur literally such an intellectual
↳ _𝙢𝙞𝙣.𝙮𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙖𝙖 FRRR like just watch me write a
book or smthn

View 583 other comments

. . .

"Hello, um which way to the music bank audience area?" Yura cautiously asked. She was absolutely dying to fangirl over their best friend together with Chan but for now, she'd just have to watch their performance. Which wasn't a bad thing no, but this newfound news was taking over her consciousness.

The lady at the desk could tell that it was Yura's first time doing this kind of thing but nonetheless, she led her through the large KBS building.

"Ticket?" Yura awkwardly passed over her digital ticket to the security guard.

For someone who's been friends with Chan even in his cringe days, it was almost unbelievable to see his success now and she was lowkey proud of him.

As Yura was situating herself in the overly-hyper crowd of fans the lights suddenly dimmed and thirteen figures walked on stage. Yura clapped along with the other carats, finding herself getting hyped as well.

Watching Seventeen on stage was a whole other experience. Through their intense and powerful facial expressions paired with the beautiful choreography, anyone could tell just how much they loved and cared for their job.

Even though she was originally there to support her best friend, Yura couldn't help but divert her eyes to Joshua which eventually invited the flashbacks from the evening before back into her mind.

Yes, the song was pleasant—Hit she believed it was called—but what was really intriguing to her was how no one could possibly tell Joshua wasn't on the best terms with the other members. They seemed to be working in perfect harmony as they continued their energetic performance. No matter how much they disliked each other at the moment, they would force themselves to come together and put on a memorable performance for their loyal fans. And Yura really respected that.

Jisoo had been scanning the audience for one specific person the whole performance. Ever since he had overheard that she would watch their stage, he poured everything he had into it. She had to notice him.

His eyes then met hers. Randomly and abruptly sure, but it was all Jisoo needed.

. . .

Yura clapped as the song came to an end. It was fascinating to see them in a different light. They had gone from kidults to men who pay their taxes, all overnight. A surely thought-inducing thing.

This was only a music bank performance and going backstage wasn't an option, which Yura hadn't realized until she arrived. Eventually, she settled with the fact an excited rant over FaceTime with Chan would have to do.

The people rushing out of the building went by so quickly that it caused Yura to stay back and wait for a calmer moment to walk to the hallway. Her eyes frantically made their way to a random door and a wave of relief washed over her.

The only problem was: she was lost. The girl took a mental note to never exit through doors that she had no idea what led to. Of course, it wasn't her fault she was lost, it was the door's fault for being there in the first place right?

She tried her best to read the signs and arrows indicating directions, but directions to where? Finally, Yura decided that it was best to simply keep walking, and eventually, she'd make it to someone or somewhere who could direct her.

"Hey, Yura!" The girl shot her head towards the voice that called her. She knew immediately who he was from the new yet familiar soft and gentle texture of his voice.

𝘈 / 𝘕 !

Hi hi! I hope you're enjoying this story so far! Also, I have no idea how music bank works or anything so this is just from my imagination, as is the rest of this story. In the story, Covid also doesn't exist, just to make the story flow smoother although this portion of the story in particular is set in 2019.