Chapter TwentyFour : Steve

Monday 2nd June 1986

I woke up in my own bed alone, I looked over to the Ellie's bassinet and she wasn't in it. I jumped up and started running round the house looking for her or Eddie but I couldn't see them. I grabbed the phone to dial for any number I could remember to ask if they knew where Eddie and Ellie are, the phone rang and suddenly "hello Family Video, Steve at your service" the only number I could remember was family video? Embarrassing really.

It takes you a few seconds to pull yourself together to respond "hey Steve, it's y/n I wanted to know if you knew where Eddie & Ellie was?" I tried to keep my panic level. "Oh... y/n uh yeah they was in here 5 minutes ago, he takes her out everyday but today he was grabbing stuff, think it was meant to be a surprise so act surprised" he laughed at the end but it sounded forced.. was he upset with me? I didn't have time to question it so I thanked him and hung up. I went to bed to pretend to be asleep still but I couldn't get Steve's voice out my mind.

A few minutes later I heard the front door open and Eddie quietly soothing Ellie to sleep. A smile formed on my face. I really did love Eddie but there was something in me that made me constantly want Steve as well. I heard footsteps coming up the hallway and I closed my eyes and started to lightly snore, I felt a large hand rubbing my arm "y/n, wake up" Eddie kept quietly repeating, I slowly opened my eyes and smiled at him "what time is it?" My voice was still sleepy luckily. "It's 11:39am princess" he responded stroking my hair.

"Come downstairs I've got a surprise for you" he took my hand and helped me out of bed and down the steps, we got to the hallway and he turned infront of me blocking my view of everything "close your eyes" he insisted, I was hesitant but I did as he asked, he took my hand again and led me into what I believe is the front room.

"Okay open them" I opened my eyes to see ghostbusters ready to be played on the tv, all my favourite snacks on the coffee table and sofa with blankets and pillows. "Eddie..." I sighed tears filling my eyes. "I know it's not much but I needed to do something to show you I love you and I'm sorry for everything"  he got on one knee and kissed my hand... "y/n Henderson" he took in a deep breath. Oh god, oh no, please don't, too early. Too much. I stood there staring at him,

"Will you do me the honour of accepting my promise that I will never leave yours or Ellie's side again?" He  stared up at me and a little bit of relief hit my chest. "You're not proposing?" I questioned him. He chuckled a bit at me. "No no, not yet" he stood up and kissed my forehead "come on let's watch the films and snuggle our daughter" he added.

*small time skip*

We've watched 3 films already, ghostbusters, Halloween and nightmares on elm street. Eddie had fallen asleep and Ellie was asleep in her bassinet so I kissed his forehead and left him a note that I was dropping the films off because I needed some fresh air. It was 5pm and family video shut at 6:30pm but I knew they stayed late to clean up so I had till 7/7:30pm I set off walking to get there.

It got to 6:45pm and I see Robin leave but she didn't see me, which I found weird they usually leave together. I walked in and I see Steve facing away from me stacking videos "Robin stop stressing Vickie will lov-" his sentence was cut short when he turned round and see me. "Y/n... hey..." he started awkwardly twisting his foot unsure what to do clearly. "Sorry I know you guys shut 15 minutes ago but here's the videos" I placed them onto the counter, he walked over and plopped them into the tv to rewind them all. "Guess I'm staying later" he chuckled. "Sorry I would've done so but I didn't want to miss you guys, though I've already missed Robin" I looked at the door. "Yeah she's on a date with Vickie so I offered to cover for her" he shrugged. "Vickie who likes boobies" I chuckled.

*small time skip*

I had been talking with Steve for about an hour now as he rewound the tapes, I missed him so much, sometimes I wish it was him who I asked for in the hospital not Eddie, but I love Eddie I do... but I think I love Steve too. That's impossible right? I'm such a freak if so. God. I can't stop staring at his lips. I need to see if so I need to see if it's him or Eddie.
"Steve..." I said taking a deep breath "yeah?" He turned to look at me. This was just chance I grabbed his face with both hands and kissed him. It took a few seconds from the initial shock and he kissed me back, we was slowly getting deeper into the kiss. I never wanted to let go. When suddenly *ding* the bell went, we didn't let go we assumed it was Robin, god was we mistaken.

"What the hell.".....

——933 words——

A/N- sorry for the delay in chapters, having really bad writers block.