Chapter Thirteen : One month

Wednesday 30th October 1985

It was officially a month since me and Eddie started 'Dating' and nearly 2 weeks since we almost.. you know. Steve was throwing a Halloween party and I really wanted to go with Eddie but he's taking a lot of persuasion hopefully the gift will top it off.

I was hanging with Steve and Robin at the shop again I do this nearly every day after school now when I'm not with Eddie but they didn't mind.
"Why don't you just work here? We are hiring and you're here nearly all the time anyways May aswel get paid for it" Robin said stacking tapes back into the shelves. "And you're JUST informing me of this?!" I say pretending to be shocked like I haven't seen the "help wanted" sign every time I walk in.
"She doesn't want to work here" Steve said standing between my legs as I hopped back onto the counter.

"It's not that I don't want to work here, I just don't need to work here" I said wrapping my arms round Steve's neck for a hug. "Oh please you spend all the money like $50 on a ring for Eddie and yet you don't need a job!" Robin scoffed at me. "I'm Rich Robin, I came to Hawkins with all my savings. My dad didn't pay for me to come home I did" I said rolling my eyes at her. "Well how much do you have left?" Steve said pulling away from the hug but still stood between my legs. "Uhhhh after the plane, wardrobe bits, Eddie's present and bits and bobs I have uhhh $4000 left" I said quietly towards the end but not quiet enough "woah woah $4000?!" Steve said completely walking away from me "$4000?! And you JUST told us?!" He added on. "How did you get that much?!" Robin said running over. "My dad wasn't exactly pleasant and when he did something to me he used to give me $50 each time to keep quiet and that happened a lot so I ended up with $4000 off him by the time I was 16 and then I worked for the other $2000 which paid for the plane and other bits and bobs" I said shrugging

"Bad stuff?" Steve said looking puzzled walking over to me, that's when I realised they didn't know what my dad did to me all those years. "Yeah bad stuff but I'm not ready to talk about it yet" I said with a faint smile they both nodded in unison to say they understood and I just smiled.

Steve wrapped his arms round my waist and brought me in for a hug. He felt like pure comfort so I didn't mind, we heard the bell go for the door and Eddie walked in "woah Steve trying to steal my girl?" Eddie laughed but you could hear he was annoyed. "Edsie!" I said as I spun round on the counter and jumped on him. "Edsie?" Robin snickered "shut up" I said laughing at her.

"Come on y/n I've got something to show you" he said as he started carrying me out the shop I said bye to the guys on the way out and Eddie put me in his van and ran to the other side to drive off.

"Where we going ?" I said oblivious "my house I have a surprise" he said I just smiled "oh shit can we stop by mine first I forgot something" i said it wasn't fully a lie but I needed to grab his present, he nodded and we quickly stopped off at mine. I ran in and to my room and grabbed his present and stuffed it in my bag and I ran out back to the van. We drove to Eddie's trailer and once we got their I could see flower petals on the porch "what did you do Eddie?" I said getting out the van.

"You'll see princess" he said taking my hand to lead me in. We entered the trailer and the place had been cleaned which was a shock, there was pillows on each end of the coffee table with plates and candles with roses scattered everywhere and petals. He even had ghostbusters paused ready to play on the tv. "For our one month y/n" he said as he sat me down on one of the pillows. "Eddie this is so much" I said in shock from what he did. "I know we're not really dating but I was hoping that maybe we could? Like really date?" He said fiddling with his rings.

"Are you asking me to be your REAL girlfriend Edward?" I said teasing him "uh yeah I am" he said still playing with his rings "YES" I yelled as I grabbed his face and kissed him. "God I love you so much" I said without even realising. "I uh I love you too y/n" he said as his face lit up like a Christmas tree. That was the first time we said it to eachother and it was perfect. "Oh I have something for you!" I said rummaging through my back for the box.
"Here!" I say handing him the box.

"Oh my Jesus Christ" he said opening the box and taking the ring out. "It matches my guitar!" He said staring at it. "Look on the inside" I said smiling. "It's the initial of your first name, I love it" he said as he put it in his thumb on his left hand. "I'm never taking it off" he said grabbing my face to kiss me again. "What's that burning smell?" I asked him he started freaking out and running to the oven "SHIT" he yelled taking the burnt food out. "I've ruined everything" he said rubbing his face "no you haven't, you've made it better now we can get take out" I giggled at him.

We ended up ordering a Chinese and laid on the sofa wrapped in his duvet watching ghostbusters cuddling eachother, everything was perfect. "Hey Ed's?" I say playing with his rings. "Yeah princess?" He said with a raspy voice clearly he was falling asleep. "Come to Steve's party with me tomorrow?" I said looking up at him giving puppy eyes. "Knowing you're actually officially mine? Of course" he kissed my forehead and we went back to snuggling, I ended up falling asleep on him and he fell asleep shortly after.

——1078 words——