Chapter Nineteen : boy or girl?

Friday 31st January 1986

It's been roughly a month since Eddie asked me if the baby was his, him and Rose are together now and I've been going to appointments with Steve and Robin. Dustin has officially stopped talking to Eddie and has quit hellfire along with Mike, I wasn't that close to Mike but he was doing it for Dustin which I was still grateful for. Gareth and Jeff wasn't exactly happy with Eddie but they stayed, they still talk to me every now and then, even invite me places without Eddie. Well used to till Rose found out then it was hell on so they had to stop.

I was talking to Robin and Steve about finding out the gender today and we see Rose with her family so she wasn't with Eddie for once. I knew it was my chance to finally have Eddie come to see his child and I said bye to the guys and got the bus to as close to Eddie's as I could then walked the rest of the way, it was kind of had to run as I still had quite the bump but not that big so I could still hide it if necessary.

I got to Eddie's trailer and took a deep breath before banging on his door, he came out and looked at me shocked for a moment "y/n?" He looked at me confused. "No time I've got 10 minutes" I grabbed his hand and his van keys and dragged him to the van and threw him the keys and hopped in. He got in and looked confused "HOSPITAL" I yelled and he quickly started the van and sped there.

We had finally got the hospital and at the maternity unit in time. "Why am I here y/n?" He asked still following me "it's your baby, this was the one time you wasn't with Rose, I find out the gender today" I said sitting down waiting for us to be called.

"Do you want to feel their kicks?" I turned my head to him, he looked at me for a second before a small smile crept onto his face. "They kick now?" He asked. "Yeah they kick, it's only been the last few days I could feel them, but they're kicking now if you want to feel" I asked. He smiled and put his hand on my stomach. "Quite a strong kick they have" he laughed which made me smile.

"Miss Henderson" a midwife yelled through and to mine and Eddie's surprise it was Eleanor again. "Oh it's you guys! How's everything going?" She asked as we followed her to the room. "Everything is great" I responded, I laid down on the bed as Eddie sat next to me staring at the monitor. "Okay so that's their head, their legs oh strong kick that" she laughed "yeah they don't like cold" I giggled. Eddie just watched in amazement. "Do you want to find out the gender?" She asked looking at us "yes please" Eddie responded. "Well congratulations on your baby... girl" both mine and Eddie's eyes teared up, I couldn't stop thinking bout when he first found out we was expecting. Thinking up little girl names.

"Our little Ellie" I said holding Eddie's hand. The midwife printed off some pictures and handed them to me. "Thank you" I responded as I wiped the gel off my stomach and stood up. As we was walking back to Eddie's van I tore one of the pictures off and handed it to him. "I never lied, it was always your baby." I said with a faint smile. He hopped back into his van as I went to walk off "y/n! Where you going?" He looked confused. "I'm walking home?" I responded puzzled "the mother of my baby is not walking anywhere"he jumped out the van and ran to pick me up I ran off a little bit giggling but he caught me. And carried me to the van.

"Mr.Munson what would Rose think of this?!" I gasped "she'll never know" he winked at me shutting my door then running to his side. "Come back to my trailer ? We have alot to talk about" he said smiling at me. "Okay" I responded as I took out the scan photos and looked at our daughter...

We finally got close to his caravan to see Rose on the steps with her parents "shit" he said "I forgot they was coming" he added "I'll hide" I said as I quickly jumped into the back of the van and hid. He pulled up and I rolled my eyes "how long am I going to be stuck here?" I asked quietly as he was opening the van door "not too long hopefully" he whispered back and jumped out the van "babe!" He said quite loudly whilst shutting the van door. Yep this is what my life has come to I sighed.