Chapter Five : Chrissy

Monday 16th September 1985

I had woken up at 6:30am excited to see Eddie even though he didn't seem the same with me after but dreading detention and everyone's questions about what happened, especially Chrissy but as I learned from my dad you do what you need to survive and no one else matters.

*Eddie's POV*

I never thought I'd see Y/n Henderson attacking Jason Carver on the ground it was kind of hot even her hurting herself to make it look like Jason did it was... hot. But that moment in the nurses office when she said 'I couldn't let it happen again' kept replaying in my head 'again?' I kept thinking to myself. I ended up being silent the whole way home after I gave them a lift as Jason brought her to school. It was 6:30am and I was dreading to see y/n again, I was afraid to ask her what happened for it to be 'again' was she lying or being sincere? I shook the thoughts out my head as I went to get in the shower

*Y/n's POV*

I finally got out the shower and headed to my room blow drying my hair, picking out an outfit I settled on black shorts and a plain black T-shirt and my oversized denim jacket with white converse, no makeup up and I left my hair down and straightened. I grabbed Dustin and he sped off on his bike as I walked behind him as I still hadn't got a car and no bike or lift so I just put my Walkman on and headed for school, I was listening to queens 'lover boy' when suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder which made me jump round and swing for who ever it was clocking them in the cheek "Jesus Christ y/n you've got one hell of a swing on you" it was Eddie, I just punched my crush wtf. "I'm so sorry Eddie" I say quickly grabbing his face to make sure he's okay, he holds my wrists while I'm still holding his face "I'm okay" he says his head sinking into my hands, we stayed there for a moment when I realised "shit I'm going to be late for school!" I said as I started jogging off putting my head phone on.

*Eddie's POV*

I was driving to school when I noticed y/n walking by herself with her headphones up Clearly in her own world I yelled a name but she clearly couldn't hear me, I parked my van and jumped out and ran up to her I put my hand on her shoulder when she swung for me, I don't blame her I must've scared her
"I'm so sorry Eddie" she said quickly grabbing my face to make sure I'm okay, I holds her wrists while she's still holding my face "I'm okay" I says sinking my head into her hands, got her hands were so soft. we stayed there for a moment until "shit I'm going to be late for school!" She said as she started jogging off putting the head phone ons, I was going to offer her a ride but she ran way to far ahead before I could even say anything I just stood there smiling and walked back to my van getting ready to see her at school.

*Y/n's POV*

Why did I just run off? We're heading to the same place I could've asked for a ride! I'm so stupid. I finally got to school with 3 minutes to spare when I see Eddie already there leaning against his van with a cig in between his lips, I walked up to him and took the cig from his lips and put it between mine taking a drag "you know I'm so stupid" I said exhaling the smoke "oh is that so?" He chuckled taking his cig back "yeah I forgot you had a van and that we was going to the same place" I said taking the cig back, he just chuckled and we kept taking the cig off each other for some odd reason but I enjoyed it the bell had rung for school to start. Me and Eddie walked to English together.

Once we finally got to class we took our seats but I ended up sitting next to Eddie this lesson instead of by one of the cheerleaders, I've been wanting to sit next to him for ages now and here was my chance Mr.Jones was teaching about Romeo and Juliet which actually made me want to be involved with how much I loved writing and Shakespeare plays. "I thought English was better in England" Eddie teased, I rolled my eyes back "I like Shakespeare sue me" I said teasing back.

English had finished and Eddie said bye to me, I skipped along to my next classes which I sat in the back expecting to be myself when Chrissy came sat next to me "I'm really sorry about Jason" she said looking down, why was she apologising? I made it up and Jason was the one who would've been in trouble, I put my hand on her knee "it's alright it's not your fault" I said looking into her eyes, we stayed there for a few minutes not realising the whole classes eyes on us when suddenly. "Miss. Henderson, Miss.Cunningham are you guys done with your gossip yet?" Mrs.Gomez said crossing her arms, that snapped me and Chrissy out of our trance and we looked ahead at the teacher as she started her lesson, my hand still on Chrissy's Knee her hand on top of mine. I don't know why but I didn't want to move it and clearly neither did she.

The rest of the classes had went through and i had sat next to Chrissy in nearly all of them apart from the ones she wasn't in, it was finally lunch and I was looking around not knowing where to sit when suddenly Chrissy came up and linked arms with me "you should sit with me y/n" she said dragging me along when I see Eddie and my heart stopped for a second as I stopped in my tracks "hey Chrissy I promised I'd sit with my brother today, do you want to sit with us?" I said looking at her hoping she would, she smiled and we walked over to Eddie's table and both sat at the end together all the boys looked at us weird "what? Never seen girls before" I said which made Chrissy giggle which made me giggle.

*small time skip to end of school*

I had finally finished school, Dustin biked home and I headed for detention in the library, there was no else there so I sat down at the table when suddenly Eddie burst through "y/n" he say with his toothy smile, I just rolled my eyes. "Well seen as it's just you two today and you're only here for skipping class cause of a bad event I'll be in my office and I'll come let you guys out in an hour" Mr.Burke said as he walked out the office and locked the library door leaving me and Eddie alone.

I went over and picked up a romance novel and went and sat down at the table and Eddie just stared at me as I started reading it in my head. "Yes Edward?" I said putting the book down and looking at him. "Can you read to me?" He said with his puppy eyes, I rolled my eyes and let okay a small giggle. "Jennifer had no idea what she was getting into following Brian into the school cafeteria during detention, all she wanted was to go back to her detention and be the good girl she was known for but something about Brian made her want to adventure" I read aloud to Eddie making him smile, "you have such a beautiful voice y/n" he said smiling at me, my whole body came over in a blush after about an hour of reading to him we had finished the book and Mr.Burke came and let us out of the library.

I started to walk home when suddenly "y/n!" I heard Eddie yelling my name, I turned round to look at him, all he did was point to his van and I smiled and headed over.

——1412 words——