Chapter Eleven : just friends

Sunday 29th September 1985

*continuing Eddie's POV*

I woke up at 9am the next morning still in Steve's bed, but y/n wasn't there? I heard some soft music downstairs and laughing so I went down to see if it was y/n as I got to bottom step I see y/n and Robin dancing whilst Steve was making coffees "EDDIEEE you're awake!" Steve said handing me a cup of coffee.

"Uh cheers" I said taking a sip of it. "It's 9am are they still partying?" I asked him. "No they wanted music whilst we cleaned up the mess, I don't mind none of us drank that much last night, did you guys find my bed comfy?" He said wiggling his eyebrows at me. "Shit Chrissy" I mumbled to myself as I rubbed my face with my free hand.

"Oh she's fine, her and Jason were pretty close last night" Steve said smirking when "EDDIE!" Y/n yelled finally realising I'm there and ran over to me.
"You're finally awake" she said taking the coffee out my hand and taking the other one leading me to the sofa. "So guys! You both missed a lot last night so I think we'll catch you up" Robin said smiling at us then at Steve. "Where should we start?" Steve said looking like he had some juicy details to tell us.

"I kissed Vickie, Tommy H and Carol split up, Steve FINALLY got with a girl" Robin said laughing "meeting up with her tonight too" Steve said winking. I was still shocked from the fact Robin kissed a girl whilst y/n was laughing at the Tommy and Carol split up. "And we have great information that we think you two will definitely enjoy" Robin said squinting her eyes with a massive smile.

Steve and Robin looked at each other then at us before proceeding to say in unison "Jason and Chrissy have been planning this break up between you guys every since you beat Jason up" they both said at the exact same time which took me and y/n a step back. "How do you know?" I said confused. "Turns out Chrissy isn't as nice as we think. You humiliated her boyfriend and got him suspended and she didn't like that" Robin said smiling like she has more up their sleeve. "But to Jason's stupidity thinking we would turn against you like Eddie did he got too drunk and spilled the beans." Steve added on to robins speech.

Me and y/n sat there looking at each other "I still hate you" y/n said teasing me, i threw my hand over my heart to act wounded "oh please how would I survive!" I said teasing back. "We've also come up with a way to get back at them" Robin said. Which had both me and y/n intrigued.

*Y/n's POV*

After hearing that Chrissy and Jason had both planned everything to destroy me and Eddie my heart sunk and I was furious at them. I hated them. But Robin said they had a plan.

"Okay so basically you guys are just going to pretend to be dating" Steve said, I shot my head found "what?" I said looking at Steve then at Eddie.
"You guys will pretend to date. Act like you guys made up at the party and now you're dating. And I mean full on hands all over each other make me sick touchy touchy, but only in school other then that there's no need" Robin said feel accomplished. Eddie agreed and I just shrugged my shoulders whatever.

We then spent the rest of the day tidying and messing about, Eddie stayed with us all day but hey ho. It got to 8:30pm and I said bye to Robin and Steve whilst Eddie gave me a lift home.
"Pretending to date now? You know that means with have to kiss?" He said teasing. "Oh no I might get rabies" I teased him back which made us both laugh, we pulled up at mine and I kissed him on the cheek goodnight.

*school parking lot the next morning monday 30th September 1985*

I was sitting in Eddie's van slowly smacking my head off the window scared of what might happen when Eddie put his hand on my thigh to reassure me. I went to open the van door to get out when Eddie stopped me I was confused for a moment till he got out shutting his door behind him and running to my side to open the door for me and I just laughed at him. "M'Lady" he said bowing as I stepped out.
"Thank you kind sir" I say as he takes my hand shutting the car door and we walked into school holding hands. Our fingers interlocked.

Everyone was staring and I mean everyone. We got into English and I squeezed tighter on Eddie's hand as he took us to the table at the back and we sat down our hands still interlocked under the table, I was playing with his rings nearly the whole lesson and I was scared to go to any other lessons because of Jason and Chrissy but I had to suck it up.

Eddie kissed my forehead goodbye as he headed to his class after dropping me off at maths I took a deep breath and headed in taking the empty table right at the back, all was well till Jason came and sat next to me "why was you and the freak holding hands?" He said clearly annoyed "we're dating" I said calmly to not make him find out I'm lying. "Oh right freak and freak makes sense" he laughed and walked over to his table I just bit my tongue and carried on with maths.

*time skip to lunch*

I was in the lunch line next to Robin and we was talking about how things were going so far when suddenly "y/n" I turned round to see Chrissy head hanging low kicking her feet about, I tried not to laugh realising what she was going to do.

"Chrissy" I looked straight at her with a blank face.
"I see you're with Eddie now, he hasn't broke up with me you know but I guess it's over" she started sniffling but you could tell it was all bullshit.
"Yeah last night at the party we sat down and spoke and smoothed things over, we're really into eachother sorry" I said calmly but got sarcastic towards the end. She went to talk again but I just turn around back to the lunch line, grabbed my food and walked with Robin to my table when I felt a hand grab me.

"Y/n? What you doing" it was Eddie my nerves stabled as soon as I heard his voice "me and Robin are going to sit down to eat our lunch" I said turning to look at him. "No you guys sit at our table" he said taking my tray and walked over. Me and Robin looked at eachother for a second before walking after him, me and Robin went to sit at the end when Eddie grabbed my arm and brought me round to the head of the table with him.

"My queen has to sit by my side at all times" he said smirking, I rolled my eyes and looked over at Robin who had already sat down and started talking to Dustin and Mike. "Okay" I said sitting down with my tray, Eddie put his arm around my waist and pulled me in whilst we ate, this was one of the best lunches I've had in a while.

After lunch had finished I got up to go to class with Robin as we had science but before I could I see Chrissy and Jason walk over towards us, Eddie pulled me over to him and kissed me in-front of literally everyone and honestly I never wanted it to end. We stopped when Robin pulled me away and we see Jason trying to calm down a furious Chrissy.

——1353 words——