Chapter TwentyThree : Ellie & Eddie

Saturday 31st May 1986

I had woken up to bright lights in my face, I blinked my eyes rapidly to try and adjust to the lights when I heard a familiar voice call out "y/n? Y/n are you awake?!" It was Dustin. He grabbed my hand and started talking to me. "Oh y/n are you okay? You've been in a coma for nearly 2 months" he states as he nervously plays with my fingers. "Wh-Wh" is all I can seem to form when all I want to ask is 'what happened' I assume Dustin understood because he pressed the nurses button and carried on telling me about my OD and how they had to put me in a medical induced coma because I kept seizing.

"El-Ell" I groan at the words not forming properly "Ie" I add on before I started to cry as I left my daughter for 2 months when she needed me the most, even if she was still alive.
"Ellie? She's okay. She's thriving. She got discharged 2 weeks ago into Eddie's care" he speaks softly, when I heard the door swing open. "Y/n?!" I hear Eddie yell out. My eyes haven't adjusted to the light properly yet but I know it's him straight away.

"Princess I'm so sorry" he kisses my forehead as I hear Dustin leave the room. "Ro-Ros" I hate how I'm struggling to pronounce my words. "Me and Rose broke up, I've got Ellie here with me do you want to hold her?" He asks as he gently strokes my hair "pl-plea" I start to cry nodding my head at his question.

I feel Ellie being placed into my arms as I pull her close into me Eddie still stroking my hair. "Yo-you ey-eye" I smile as my eyesight starts to focus looking at her, Eddie clearly understood what I was saying because a slight chuckle slipped out his mouth "she has your hair though" he laughs as I gently smack his hand.

Holding onto Ellie and I can see how big she's gotten, she's thriving and the fact he got to take her home means she's well enough and I have missed all this time with her. How could I be so stupid and reckless.

I look over at Eddie and he's looking  at us smiling. He looks like he hasn't slept in weeks, probably hasn't with our little bundle of joy here.

"Eddie?" I say looking at him, my speech has finally came back together. "Y/n?" He responds his smile growing bigger. "Where does she sleep?" He looks at me and his smile starts to fade. "In her bassinet... at your house... your mom has let me stay there since she was discharged.. I've kinda moved in temporarily but as soon as you're home and well enough I'll leave if you want me to I don't wan-" I giggle at his rambling which cuts him off before he can finish. "What?" He questions looking at me confused. "I don't want you to move out" I state reaching out for his hand.

"I meant it when I stayed that night. I will never leave you and we can be a family, I'm so sorry for screwing up with Rose" he looks at me worried that I'm going to hate him. "Did you leave her?" I ask running my thumb across his knuckles.

"Yes! Yes! I left her I haven't spoken to her since the day you was admitted to hospital, I love you so much y/n Henderson" he grabs my face and pulls me in for a kiss. But something is wrong, it feels bitter it's not like it usually is.

"I love you too Eddie Munson" I giggle ignoring how the kiss felt, surely it's just me coming out of my haze right? There's nothing off between us.

"When do I get discharged?" I ask taking my hand and running my thumb across Ellie's cheek.
"Uh a few more days as they need to run some more tests to make sure you're okay" I nodded at his answer and carried on looking at Ellie.

*Eddie's POV flashback*

"I can't do this Rose" I state as I'm packing my bags to go to Y/n's. "You're not leaving me for that skank! Or that little gremlin you call your 'daughter' like I said before I bet it's not even yours!" She yells at me, I've heard her call Y/n a lot of things but my child is completely out of order.

"That's exactly it Rose! You can say what you like about y/n she has thick skin but MY CHILD?! That's a no go. I'm packing my stuff to move into y/n's please leave before I finish packing" I spit out the words like they're venom to make her leave. She just stands there shaking her head at me.

"Nope! I'm not leaving. You love me and I love you. We're meant to be a family not you lot!" She hisses at me, I roll my eyes and continue packing. "Your 'daughter' should've died" she scoffs turning to head into the front room that was my last straw I stormed after her and grabbed her by her upper arm and dragged her out of my trailer and threw her out the door. "Never come back here or even try to talk to me again or I will kill you." I hiss and slam the door before she can say anything.

*flashback ended*
*Y/n's POV*

Eddie and Ellie had to finally leave as visiting times were over I missed my daughter. She's smiling and thriving. She's the best thing to ever happen. I'm so selfish to leave her, I'm even worse to stay here away from her even more. I should've fought harder to leave, I should've never tried to kill myself.

What's even worse...? I can't stop thinking about Steve.

——995 words——

A/N: sorry for the short chapter I've been distracted by my daughter lately and I didn't realise how much this had blown up! 3.55k reads! Thankyou so much that means absolutely everything to me.