Chapter Two : The Meal

After answering Dustin's questions we went to the front room to sit down and talk more, I invited Eddie but he declined but Dustin refused to let him leave because he thought we'd be "good friends" as he said, it's not like Eddie had a choice none of us did when it came to Dustin getting his own way I just shrugged it off, it was adorable.

"So Y/n right?" Eddie said turning to face me as Dustin went to grab some snacks. "Yep! That's me!" I say smiling away at him. "Your accents different?" He says tilting his head trying to figure out out "I've lived in London the last 10 years so that's probably it" I say starting to realise Dustin never talks about me. He gives me a weird look for a moment "y/n, why has Dustin never mentioned you?" Him saying that made my heart sink at the fact it was confirmed he never talks about me, I just smiled at him "I don't know boring ole me I guess but he's mentioned you lots and Steve, if I hadn't known better I'd say he has a thing for you two" I said starting to giggle.

Dustin abruptly walks back in handing us snacks when suddenly the door opened it was our mum. "Mum!" I ran over and held her close missing her comfort "y/n!" She said squeezing me back as she looked over the front room and see Eddie and Dustin "oh hello Eddie didn't expect to see you here" she giggled waving at him. "Sorry Miss Henderson, I dropped Dustin off and y/n was here and Dustin forced me to stay" he chucked nervously looking down at his feet. "That's fine dear! Join us for y/n's welcome home dinner I insist!" Mum said smiling away as she walked upstairs to get ready so for Dustin leaving me and Eddie I'm the front room looking at each other nervously.

*small time skip*

We got to the restaurant 'Enzo's' it seemed a bit fancy for my liking but still I was grateful for it, we ordered a few pizzas to share plain cheese, pepperoni and ham. I ordered a tall glass of cola with ice and lemon and so did every one else apart from Eddie, he ordered a beer. I just shrugged it off. The food came and I took a slice of pepperoni at the same time Eddie did our hands touched slightly which sent this type of electricity through my body, by the way he was looking at me I could tell he felt it also.

After a few minutes of me and Eddie awkwardly looking at each other whilst eating, mum and Dustin started asking me questions about if I was going to stay after I finish senior year, if I was going to join any clubs and stuff like that I just looked at them thinking unsure of what to say when suddenly I felt Eddie's knee tap against mine sending a shock through my body bringing me out my trance. "Sorry I was uh thinking, I'm unsure about it all tbh but I do know I want to stay here as long as I can" I said smiling at them, Eddie could sense I was nervous and slipped me some of his beer when no one was looking. I was grateful for that. We was allowed to drink at 18 in England but here I had to be 21, well legally anyways.

We had all finished eating and got the bill, mom went to pay when Eddie started to pull out his wallet for his part "no no don't be silly" she said pushing his hand down and putting the money down to pay for the full bill, we all got in her car heading back to mine, I sat in the back with Eddie unsure on why but I felt like I needed to, he had his hand on the middle seat I didn't even realise my hand creeping up to his, my hand hit is pinky which made me aware as I shot my head round to look, I went to pull away but before I could Eddie interlocked his pinky with mine, I sat there shocked for a minute but didn't move away, I felt safe. He made me feel safe.

——729 Words——