Chapter Six : Part 1

Friday September 20th 1985

It's finally Friday after what has to be the most best week of my life! I was hanging out with Chrissy all day during school and Lunch and I would spend after school with Eddie until he'd drop me home.

It's 6:43am I hopped into the shower, I couldn't stop picturing Eddie and.. Chrissy? Why am I thinking about Chrissy? I just shrugged it off and got out the shower heading to the bedroom to get dressed, I put my hair in braids whilst it was still damp and threw on some grey joggers and a plain black T-shirt with my black vans and ran downstairs to meet Eddie outside, he's been giving lifts to and from school and honestly though I should get my own car to drive us I honestly love going with him.

We finally arrived at school and I see Chrissy at the door waiting for me, I smiled so widely I felt like my mouth was going to break. I turned to tell Eddie I'll see him later but before I knew it, he had already got out the car, I just shrugged and walked over to Chrissy, Chrissy and Eddie was talking? To each other it was brief but but there. I shrugged it off and walked up to Chrissy as Eddie walked off and we headed to Science.

"What was that about?" I asked her genuinely curious, "oh nothing just being polite" she smiled to act genuine but I could tell she was lying. Her and Eddie were my only friends at school so I just ignored it and hoped it was actually nothing.

*time jump to end of school*

I went to detention and spent it alone, Eddie didn't turn up. I walked out of school and see his van still there which I thought was weird so I walked to the woods thinking maybe he was just sitting at the bench. Which he was, with Chrissy.

They was flirting heavily, giggles all over the place my eyes started to water as I got angry but why was I angry? I wasn't with Eddie and I sure wasn't his keeper. I just put my walkman on and set off to walk home. Eddie must've forgot about detention? But did he forget about me? He must of forgotten he was my ride home but whatever I'm very forgettable as my father would tell me. I finally got him at 7pm it took me an hour and half to walk home as I kept crying. I said hi to mum and Dustin and headed straight to bed I wasn't hungry I was just extremely tired. I didn't see the point in being awake anymore.

*Eddie's POV*

I had got out the van as Y/n was distracted by Chrissy, the way she looks at her. They way they look at each other didn't scream 'just friends' but whatever she would've told me if she was into girls? Wouldn't she? I got to the doors when Chrissy stopped me which was weird "hey Eddie!" She said smiling, "uh hi?" I said confused as to why she's talking to me. "Would I be able to get some you know weed?" She said very seriously but whispering the last part "uh sure meet in the woods at 4:30pm." She nodded and I walked into school.

School basically flew past, Y/n and Chrissy sitting next to each other at my table again. Once school had finished, I went to the woods to meet Chrissy and give her the weed, once I got there she asked if I had anything stronger which I did, I told her I'll drop it here Monday after school for her which she agreed. We started talking I didn't even realise the time, she was quite nice I could see why her and Y/n hung out all the time. We was talking and giggling a lot when I see y/n put on her headphones and run off, I looked at my watch "shit" I mumbled it was 5:30pm, I missed detention and completely forgot about y/n, I said bye to Chrissy and ran out after y/n but by the time I got to my van she had already gone.

I drove home not knowing what to do, I don't know why but I felt the urge to go see y/n. I got back in my van at 7:30pm and drove to y/n's house. I knocked on and Miss.Henderson answered "Eddie?" She asked puzzled, "hi Miss.Henderson, is y/n home? We have some English homework I need help with?" I lied hoping she would let me in. "Of course y/n is in her room" she said stepping aside to let me in.
I walked up the stairs and knocked on the door. "I'm
Not hungry!" Y/n yelled through. "It's uh- it's Eddie" I said nervously. It was quiet for a few minutes when the door opened slightly and I see y/n standing there hair a mess, eyes red and puffy clearly from crying and she's in Smurf pyjamas, that's adorable.

"What you doing here Eddie?" She said clearly upset with me, "I'm so so sorry I forgot I really am" I said pleading with her. "You and Chrissy looked pretty cozy so I don't blame you for forgetting about me" she said as I see a tear start rolling down her face and she starts to close the door on me, I put my hand out so she can't close it and just looked at her unsure of what to do. "You're not forgettable y/n" I said hoping she'd believe me. "Whatever you say Munson" she said walking back over to her bed. She's never called me Munson before that stung my heart her calling me that. "Y/n please believe me you're anything but forgettable" I say walking in closing her door behind me. She was laid on her bed facing the wall, I don't know why but I climbed in with her and cuddled her, as I put my arm around her waist she held my arm. "Are you sure? Even my dad forgot about me" hearing her say that broke my heart into pieces before I could even respond "I understand completely if you like Chrissy she's beautiful, funny and smart she's better then me in every way possible" she added I could hear her voice choking up on each word. "Believe me y/n you're so much better" I say squeezing onto her, she turned herself round to face me "really?" She said looking deep into my eyes.

*y/n's POV*

"Really..." he said reassuring me, he's still holding onto my waist i cupped his cheek with my right hand, this was the moment I always pictured... I slowly lent my face in towards his and kissed him, within a few seconds he still hadn't kissed back so I stopped and pulled back "I'm so sorry" I added quickly moving away he just laid there looking at me. Oh god I ruined everything.

——1192 words——