Chapter Twenty : Back to London

Monday February 17th 1986
TW: talk of Chrissy trauma
⚠️-masturbation

It had been 2 weeks since I had destroyed yet another of Eddie's relationship. We act like we still hate each other at school but he stays round nearly every night. We've been secretly dating each other but not officially since his and Roses breakup. I'm 20 weeks pregnant now, half way to go..

It was court day so we had to act civil in front of the court, we was sitting next to eachother holding hands where no one could see.

We watched the lawyers and jury going at eachother and Eddie even went on the stand along with Steve and Robin. They did their best to make sure I didn't need to go on the stand to relive it, but Chrissy's lawyers forced me.

"Are you twenty weeks pregnant Miss.Henderson?" The lawyer asked, not like it's convenient to the situation but ok "I am yes" I nodded.
"So you would say Miss.Cunningham's attempt to hurt you and murder your unborn child was failed?" The same lawyer asked. "Yes her attempt failed" I looked him dead in the eye guessing where this was going. "And you are pregnant with Mr.Munson's child? Mr.Munson being Chrissy's boyfriend at the time?" He asked, "they was not together when we slept together but at the time of the attack they was correct." I said. "You was pregnant with Miss.Cunningham's boyfriend's baby at the time she made an attack on you, would you say she was in her right mind to do so?" He asked looking smug, clearly he's heard the stories of me calling her out of her mind. "I believe she was in her right mind, it had come to light from her ex boyfriend previously that they had planned to break me and Eddie up and as Mr.Munson has previously stated she threatened to hurt me if he didn't date her, so I believe she was in her right mind and in full knowledge of the attack and what was going to come from it" I responded looking Chrissy dead in the eyes. "Your witness DA" the lawyer said as he walked back to his chair. "Miss.Henderson as it's been stated you are 20 weeks pregnant with Mr.Munson's child, I only have one question for you which is. Do you think your unborn baby deserved to have people try to kill it because of jealousy?" He looked me in the eye. "I believe it was completely unfair, if I wasn't pregnant I wouldn't of even spoken to Mr.Munson again, so to have this glimmer of happiness in me tried to be killed? I think that's completely unfair" I said looking at Eddie.

They let me down and to sit back over by Eddie, Chrissy kept looking at us which made me uncomfortable. The jury came back and found her guilt of attempted murder of an infant. She's now in prison with a chance of parole in 10 years, hopefully we will be long gone by then.

We walked out together when Robin linked arms with me "how much is a plane to London?" I looked at confused on why she would ask me. "Uhh $200 for a shit overnight one why?" I looked at her still confused. "Me and Steve want to take you on a trip there! I know I know your dad we will avoid that area he is and live our best lives?" She smiled at me which made me smile, I looked behind me to see Eddie and Steve talking I ran over to Steve and jumped on him, he held me up by my thighs whilst I had my legs wrapped round his waist. "Robin told me! Thank you Thank you thank you" I said squeezing him planting kisses on his cheek. "I thought we was going to surprise you" he laughed, Eddie looked at us weird for a second "surprise with what?" He asked.

"They're taking me to London!" I squealed jumping off Steve and onto Eddie planting kisses all over his face and mainly lips. "London? When? For how long?" He looked at Steve. "Uhh we was thinking a weekend maybe next weekend? Just had to find out hotel prices and planes" he shrugged "$150-$200 for a shit overnight flight and $15 a night for a hotel" I shot my head round and smiled so big. "You're coming right?" I smiled looking back at Eddie.
He was still carrying me wrapped round him walking to his van. "Uhhh yeah if you want" he looked round my shoulder to see his way I planted a kiss on his lips and jumped down. I kissed him again "I love you so much Munson!" I smiled then grabbed Steve's hand and ran over to Robin

*time skip to Thursday 27th February 1986*

Me and Robin had packed for the trip and we was waiting for Steve to come pick us up, Eddie still hasn't shown, so I left him a voicemail to
Meet us at the airport and the to be there for 12am cause the flight leaves at 2am.

Me and Robin got in the back of Steve's car and went to the airport, we was chilling about eating junk food waiting for the flight, still no sign of Eddie. I got up and used some loose change to call Eddie "Hello?" it was a girls voice, "hello is Wayne there?" I only asked incase it was a girl with Eddie and I didn't want the drama. "Oh of course! Wayne here you go!" She handed him the phone "uh hello?" He asked "Wayne it's y/n! Don't say my name out loud cause I don't want to cause drama but is that girl there for Eddie yes or no?" I asked as tears came to my eyes "uh yes Pete that's the situation" Pete? He clearly understood what was going on. "Is it Rose?" I choked a little on the words coming up. "Yeah Pete it is, absolute pain" he scoffed which made me chuckle. "He's not coming... is he?" I spoke softly into the phone. "Sorry Pete... unfortunately not" he said softly into the phone. "Thank you Wayne" I said as a tear rolled down my face. "Sorry Pete" he said softly before hanging up.

I walked over to Robin and Steve with a tear rolling down my face "he's not coming is he?" Robin asked softly. I shook my head no. "It's Rose isn't it?" Steve said. I just nodded and he brought me into a hug.

We finally boarded the plane and we was in the 3 row seats Steve in the aisle, Robin at the window and me in the middle. They both comforted me the whole flight but I wasn't going to let him ruin my weekend.

Robin had her Walkman on asleep whilst me and Steve read a book with each other moving our fingers along to what bit we was on to make sure no one turned the page too quick, I had my head resting on his shoulder snuggled in. I ended up falling asleep like that.

We had finally gotten to London, it was 12pm there and we headed for our hotel. Robin and Steve splashed out on a $30 a night one more fancy, we checked in and headed to our rooms, they had overbooked and only had 2 rooms left not 3 which we agreed to, we didn't care we'd probably end up in the same one anyways.

We was sitting around deciding what to do and to not let jet lag hit us until we got home Sunday.

We went out to see the Big Ben, the London eye and even some aquariums and zoos, it got to 7:30pm and they had surprised me with a meal at my favourite restaurant I always raved about to them. I cried a little, I paid for all our meals though and they didn't even have a chance to deny, I got a steak well done with fries and different sauces, Robin got the lobster and Steve got the lamb roast.

We headed back to the rooms, Steve went in one and me&Robin in another, I couldn't sleep so I headed into the room literally next door to talk to Steve the door was accidentally unlocked so when I walked in, I walked into Steve getting off with himself.. if you get what I mean, he didn't notice me and for some reason I was getting really turned on by it? By Steve? I realised I was staring when "shit" I said quickly covering my eyes "y/n!" Steve said throwing the pillow over himself. "What you doing here?!" He added, i burst into a fit of laughter "I'm so sorry I didn't think you'd be pulling your handle" which made him burst out in laughter too "you can look now" he said as I hesitantly moved my hands from my eyes and he was back on the bed no shirt but sweats. I smiled and closed the door and crawled onto the bed laying down on him. "You okay y/n?" He said cuddling me.

"Yeah just couldn't sleep and you have the better tv" I chuckled, he put on the tv and we watched a film. "I wish I could have a guy like you" I said rubbing my eyes. "You do have a guy like me" he laughs. "No mean like as my boyfriend, not someone who keeps breaking my heart for other girls" I huffed.

"Why don't we making him jealous then?" He said I shot to look at him confused, "we'll get Robin in on the plan and talk about how on this trip we got together" he added and my smile widened. I'm definitely the petty problem now. I agreed.

——1643 words——