23

》》》》

One - Alexis Ffrench

Sophie Fisher

I headed home with Charles. HOME to Monaco. To the house where I always wanted to live, that is, to an apartment. to Charles' apartment.

Does everyone have that movie called 50 First Dates? The girl always forgot everything the next day and the boy always had to fight for it. Every single day. Every single day. She struggled. Now somehow I feel the same way. I'm desperate, but I'm trying to be good, I'm trying to keep myself. I try to smile...At least in front of Charles.

The plane arrived in Monaco. Arthur and Pascale went their separate ways and I was left alone with the boy. We looked at each other for a while, then I took a deep breath and drifted off to the address that is still vivid in my memory. The apartment on the 3rd floor no longer looked like it used to. You could see that he had become a bachelor.

- I'm home - Charles said as I suddenly turned towards him

- You remember?

- Yes. I remember the last time I was lying on the couch. Even the plate has been there ever since

- And do you remember anything else? Like me? -  I asked shyly

- No - he said sullenly and opened his suitcase. He started unpacking the laundry and I just watched the boy pack his clothes. I also had a suitcase, but I haven't opened it yet. I didn't have many clothes because I didn't think I would be away from home for so long. That is, from Lando's house.

- I'll make a phone call - I told Charles, who didn't even look at me. I sat down at the kitchen table and called Carla

- Girl, I thought you weren't going to call me anymore. I got your message.
How is charles?

- Not well. In other words, everything is fine with him except for the one thing that he doesn't remember anything about the two of us.

- So what happens now ? So today is Tuesday. Christmas is upon us. You should go to the cafe. We need you

- That's why I'm calling you. I won't be able to go back now. I have to stay here with Charles. I can't leave him unattended. He need me

- But he doesn't even remember you

- But he will. Over time for sure. I hope - I whispered when I saw Charles in the doorway.
- Carla, I'll call you back later. I have to go - I said and hung up the phone and looked at the boy.

- You really could have let me finish this -  I said angrily

- Sorry. I haven't heard much. It's also irrelevant. Do you have any laundry?, - asked the boy. And my heart started to melt. Charles might not remember me, but he's become very caring since I broke up with him. In other words, he cheated on me, but I ran away, which was probably one of the best decisions of my life so far

- A moment and I will give.  - I said and got up from the table.

...

The evening has arrived. Charles ordered himself Chinese food. I didn't want him to order for me either, since he didn't even offer this option, so I was forced to make something edible out of the remaining yogurt and oatmeal. I even found 2 eggs and half an avocado in the fridge, which I also tried to eat.
Charles completely separated from me. He went to bathe. Then, while I was taking care of my dinner, he started yelling.

- Sophie! Would you bring me a towel? - said the boy, shouting from the bathroom

- Of course, Charles. - I said and started towards the closet. I still remembered well what the boy was holding. I took out a gray towel and took it into the bathroom. Charles stood naked in front of me. He tried to cover himself, but as soon as I saw him I knew how much he was missing. It was missing. He was very, very missed.

- Thanks - he said and looked me over with his eyes. I didn't know what he wanted, but I thought it better to go out quickly and leave him alone.

I didn't take a bath that night. I prepared my bed, i.e. the sofa. It was natural for Charles to sleep in his own room, so I didn't want to mess it up.

When I woke up the next morning, the door to Charles' room was open. I couldn't find the boy anywhere. I didn't see a single note anywhere. I started to get a little nervous. How am I going to handle this? How will I mentally survive these few days? Maybe a week? Mothers are also waiting home for the holidays. Maybe it would be best if I told Charles now that I can't be here with him. But I really don't know what to do anymore...

By the time I made myself coffee, Charles returned with two large bags of food.

- Where were you?

- To shop. You didn't seriously think I'd let you eat the rest, did you?

- Charles, you really shouldn't have done that

- But yes Sophie - he said and touched my shoulder. I felt ready to kiss him, but I couldn't

- Charles. I have to go home. I know you don't remember me. I know you can't believe that we once loved each other. It was like that. I sacrificed everything for you. When we were on the ship, when we slept together. Charles ...I still love you -  I said softly into the boy's eyes.

- I'm sorry Sophie. I can't do anything else. This feeling will pass.

- You told me that once. Absolutely -  I shouted

- Maybe.

- Charles, please don't do this to me - I begged the boy

- Sophie - Charles said, grabbing my shoulder again
- I'm sorry

That was the end of our conversation. I unpacked the bags, Charles looked at the train schedules and I ran away instead. Now I. Home for the holidays.

...

________________

TikTok: wattpadgirl.4

Hey lovely people!

I can not believe. It's September 9th. That is, I wrote this part then. The present is unbearable for me. Charles' toxic relationship with Ferrari affects the mental health of every Tifosi. All that aside, I hope all is well with you. My book will have 25+ parts and I will try to finish it in September. I'm in a hurry, but I already described this in my previous post.
And also that I'm not a writer! I have no training, no experience! I write for my own amusement! I do not accept the use of ugly words, swearing, if you don't like it, don't read the book!

Adele<3