19

》》》》

Best I've Had - Kadiatou

Sophie Fisher

Another boring Friday in December. I was just thinking about where in the world I would be if Charles and I hadn't broken up. Probably in Abu Dhabi. December 10. It's almost Christmas. It's almost Christmas again. At this time last year, I was already jumping up and down that I would be with the boys again, but now. Now everything is gray and dark.....I have no happiness.
Lando's charity is fitting for a fairy tale, he allowed me to stay as long as I wanted. So I bought a Christmas tree and arranged with Carla to help decorate it a bit after work. I got ready quickly in the morning. Although I had been wearing the same gray T-shirt for the 3rd day and I put on a black skirt and my boots. Taking on my big black coat, I missed the boys' hugs. Any oversize thing I was wearing immediately reminded me of the boys. I walked out the door, it was still dark. It was snowing. I started walking and stopped at the bus stop. I then got on the Metro. My departure time was 6 a.m. and I arrived at the cafe in a little over half an hour. My boss, Bob, was already waiting. Another long day I thought to myself....
In the afternoon, I checked my phone. Today was the last free practice this season.

"I have to forget car number 16"

This sentence burned in my mind, but I couldn't take my eyes off the competition. The Ferraris were the fastest. I wish I could sit next to Charles right now and praise him...
Carla looked at me disapprovingly as I became overwhelmingly sad.

- Girl, forget about him

- I can't - I said

- But he cheated on you

- We didn't even discuss this. Maybe we both made a mistake... - I was right about that. I may be naive, but I'm not stupid. I missed the warmth of the Leclerc family
In the evening, Carla came over and we decorated the tree. At 10 o'clock in the evening, I sat down on the sofa tiredly with a warm tea in my hand.

I will never rest
I will never be the same girl again...
I will never forget him

These thoughts raced through my head.
I sighed in disappointment and went to take a bath. Then to sleep.
Morning, Saturday. It's a boring round, but not today. Because I took out a tailor and decided to walk around the city a bit.

- Hi Sophie! - said Lando into the phone

- Hi! How's the race going? - I asked him.

- Well. Everyone performs at their best. Is everything okay at home ?

- Of course, your house is in perfect order and you have nothing to worry about.

- All right. Anyway Charles is very upset since he hasn't seen you - Lando said quickly

- He screwed this up. Again. I haven't seen him in 3 months.

- And do you miss him? - Lando asked shyly

- Yes maybe - I whispered the word guilty

- Then come here, you'll be here for tomorrow's race - suggested Lando

- Not possible. He doesn't miss me - I said

- No way! Charles is crazy. If you knew how he talks to me... He hates me for telling you the truth

- I cannot go. I don't even have enough money for a plane ticket.

- I'll pay for it

- No . I would never let you do that

- Think of it as a Christmas present...

- No!

...

Even then, Lando sent the e-mail saying that he bought me a plane ticket. I was very angry with him, but I couldn't do it. I couldn't start right away. I slowly started packing. In the meantime, I changed my mind many times and instead sat on my bed and turned on Netflix. I started anyway. I left for the airport. When Carla found out, she immediately wanted to talk about this whole trip, but I couldn't restrain myself.

You must come

That was the voice in my head. I have to go.
I started watching the timer on the plane, but I didn't know for a long time because of the take-off. Time has passed. I successfully landed. The airport was huge and it took me at least half an hour to get out. Since the boys were busy, Lando wrote that a taxi would take him to the hotel. But I couldn't find a taxi, instead a girl was standing in front of me holding my name on a sign.

- Hi, I'm Sophie Fisher - I said, extending my hand

- I'm Charlotte. Lando's PR manager. Come with me - the woman said and put me in the car.

- I'm glad you're here. Charles will be happy too, - she said

- I do not think so. We fight a bit.

- I'm not a lost. Lando told me everything, girl

Charlotte was very nice to me. She was privy to every detail about tomorrow. I got a room and a credit card for tomorrow.
I went to bed late. I didn't believe I was here. I never thought I had such friends.

...

- Sophie Fisher is here again - said a familiar voice at breakfast. I carefully turned back. I was scared. But when I saw who it was, I laughed

- George Russell! What a surprise.

- I haven't seen you for 3 months. You are really pretty - the boy said and looked at me

- You can not complain. Thousands of girls are drooling over you - we both laughed. George then moved closer to me

- Charles is absolutely delighted. I'm afraid he'll hurt himself

- Why would he?

- Because this is the last race. Everyone is going crazy here...

...

_________________

TikTok: wattpadgirl.4