20

》》》》

You Never Called Back - Tommy Boi

Sophie Fisher

I shook George's hand. Im going to pass out. My blood sugar was already under the frog's ass. I'm going to pass out. I hear them say my name. George caught me...

- What does it mean that everyone will go crazy?

- Little girl, we want to get the most out of ourselves. We can't be wrong.

- Take me to him now! - I begged the boy

- Sophie...The race starts in 3 hours. Are you sure you want this? Upset him?

- Yes. I mean, I don't want to upset him. I just want to see him again before he gets in the car. I want to see . Please

- Sophie....are you sure?

- Yes.

George took my hand. He put me in the car and headed straight for the track. It was getting dark. I got in using the Pass hanging around my neck, just like in Belgium. The memories intensified as I heard the voices. People smiled at me. George greets everyone as does Charles. Then I saw him...

I could already spot her red dress from afar. Charles became even more handsome. His hair was covered in gel. It glistened in the light of the lamps and the light of the setting sun. He had his back to me.

"Always look for car number 16"

I had it. I was always looking for him, even now he had 16 on his back. His watch and many bracelets took up space on his hand...
George interrupted...He noticed how much I was staring at the boy

- Go to him, he whispered

- I'm afraid

- Don't be childish...Just go there - he said and pushed me a little. I moved forward and touched Charles from behind. The boy suddenly turned back. He was speechless...

- Sophie...

- Charles...

- What are you doing here? -  Charles asked

- George brought me here - I pointed to the boy

Charles looked at me confused. Then he took my hand and invited me into the garage.

- Sophie, why did you come back?

- I do not know. I missed you

- But I broke your heart. You can't be here - the boy grabbed my shoulder

- Charles...I've missed you.

- Do not say that. Please

- Why don't you believe that I can be with you again after so many bad things

- Charles,  You need to get into your' s car - said one of Charles' mechanics

- Sophie. Go where you want, but don't be here. This will never work between us again

- Why?

- Because I don't want to. I see what I did to Arthur. I see what I did to you. I want to be alone. Alone -  Charles said and started walking towards his car. Gray moments followed....George walked me back to the Paddock and I didn't sit with any of the teams. I sat alone with a champagne in my hand.
It was a bad idea to come here.
It was a bad idea to trust that something could happen again between Charles and me.

Soon the cars lined up on the grid. Charles was the 3rd. The lights went out and the field started.
However, the red car could not control the car. He collided with the one behind him and they started racing straight to the wall of the railing.
Time has stopped. My heart stopped beating. I sighed but couldn't catch my breath. I started running frantically to the Ferrari pit

- It was a brake fault - the mechanics yelled

- It was a brake fault, Mattia! - everyone shouted

The race has been interrupted. Red flag. I ran frantically and in the process I saw the helicopter.
Goodness...Goodness, tears started to appear on my face. Then someone grabbed my hand

- Sophie, stop -  shouted Arthur, who was sitting in the Ferrari garage until now, I think that's why I didn't notice him in the Paddock

- Charles.....he is not well - tears were streaming down my face

- I know. Come with us - the boy said and hugged me. I squeezed tight. I couldn't let go...Maybe everything happened because of me?

- Arthur...did this happen because of me?

- Why would it happen because of you?

- Because I met him before the race. We spoke. I told him I miss him. And Charles was totally hooked on me

- Sophie. Take it easy. - Arthur said and started hugging me even tighter.

Pascale looked at me with tears in her eyes when she saw me. She didn't want to blame me, but I felt what she was trying to say.

- Sophie, you promised to take care of him -  Pascale said in the car

- Mom, don't blame Sophie. Charles cheated on her.

- I'm sorry Pascale. I know I gave you my word. I know...I'm very, very sorry, but I couldn't help it. I had to run away from him - I said, and by then I was crying a lot. Arthur was driving, Pascale was sitting next to him.

- I'm so sorry Sophie. I didn't know...I really didn't know

Everything revolved around me. A doctor was waiting for us when we arrived and the president of the FIA ​​was next to him. Pascale put her hand over her mouth when the doctor told her what was happening. Charles is already in the operating room, and we will be here all night... I sat down on a sofa and waited for the time to pass. Sometimes I closed my eyes and fell asleep for a few seconds, but the voices and screams always woke me up. I was scared...

Lando arrived shortly after 11 p.m., along with Pierre and Carlos. The boys immediately ran to me when they saw me and hugged me one by one. Lando was the sweetest.
Then came George, who turned all eyes on him. He sat down next to me and let me put my head on his shoulder.

- He hasn't come out of the operating room yet? - asked Pierre

- No... -  Pascale answered quietly

That night, terrible news arrived. Charles Leclerc fell into a coma...

...

_______________

TikTok: wattpadgirl.4