Chapter Forty Seven

"I will marry Vrushali

"I will marry Vrushali."

I will marry Vrushali.
I will marry Vrush

"AHHH!" She screamed on top of her lungs covering her ears as the words wouldnt stop ringing in her head. She couldnt believe what she just heard.

Suddenly everyone worriedly came out of the house, Dushasan came behind her and held a horrified look due to the shriek she let out.

Her eyes only could only spot the familiar face of Karn which had all the color draining out of it now. He saw how she shook, her eyes bloodshot red, sweat on her forehead, instant worry clouded his mind.

"Drishti—" He began in her direction worriedly but she stopped him raising a trembling hand in front of him, she shrieked again, "Stop!"

Just behind him was Her, all worried and terrified. Her, his childhood friend. Her, the girl he just agreed to get married to.

Him, the man she loved with everything she had.

She turned around sharply and stormed out of there running back only causing Dushasan to stop her worriedly, "Drishti, hey, hey wait! What happened, tell me."

No words left her mouth, only shuddering breath which was already strangling her. She pushed him away running to wherever her steps lead her. Karn's words not stopping to ring in her head at all, those four words tormenting her again and again.

She felt a instant sharp pain shoot her leg, maybe a cramp from running so abruptly. Her eyes recognised the house where not just a few minutes ago they dropped Kritika. Pushing the door open she barged in, to find the place empty.

Her legs wanted to give up now as she wanted to break into tears. Suddenly she heard her voice, "Drishti?!"

From her blurred vision Drishti saw Kritika rushing towards her dropping whatever was there in hands and wrapped her arms around her. She was obviously baffled with the state she was now seeing Drishti in, which was completely opposite of when she last saw her a while ago.

"What happened, Drishti?!" Kritika asked worriedly, Drishti didnt know if she lost her voice, all she knew was she was experiencing something so painful that she had no words to describe. She cried in Kritika's arms, clutching to her in agony.

All Kritika knew at the moment was that she needed to calm Drishti down, she couldnt let her friend be like that. She tried sush her but considered it best if she let her let it all out if it will make her feel better, maybe?

"Drishti!" Chills rans down her spine when she heard his voice again, he was here. She felt Kritika look up while hugging her, while both of them sat on the floor. It didnt take another second when she could see his face as he had crouched in front of her.