Chapter Forty Six | Heartbreak

Start from the beginning

The next day Drishti didnt need to be woken up as she was already awake before the time she usually woke up. Soon all of them gathered in the hall waiting for Karn and Dushasan, though the Pandavas didnt seem much delighted with their news of arrival but couldnt do anything as it was Pitamah's decision to send them.

"When do you think they will come?" Drishti asked leaning on the balcony with Kritika keeping keen eyes on the entrance. Kritika shrugged with a small smile, "Soon, maybe."

"I am so excited to go back to Hastinapur," Drishti said, "Even though I dont want to leave Prati too, but I am sure from now on I'll be coming here often so it'll be fine."

"Oh, look!" Kritika pointed at the doorway as suddenly a few chariots made their way in. Drishti quickly scanned every chariot but couldnt find Karn in any of them.

"There's Rajkumar Dushasan!" Kritika exclaimed brightly pointing at Dushasan's chariot, where Dushasan could be seen waving at the two girls cheerfully, his smiling gaze especially fixated at Kritika.

Both the girls quickly descended down and already found Dushasan standing in front of Yudhistir and his brothers being greeted a little coldly while all the gifts were being put inside the castle.

"Finally you came!" Drishti cheered as she saw Dushasan who had a reason to smile now. He glanced shortly back at Kritika who walked behind Drishti with a shy smile and said, "I had to afterall."

Drishti rolled her eyes with a smile and quickly asked him if he'd want to see the baby, he almost said no as the Pandavas stood there but Drishti knew him well, it was a deep deep secret that he too was actually excited for the first baby of the next generation regardless of the fact that the baby belonged to the cousins they have rivaled since forever.

Grabbing his hand and not giving him a chance to speak, Drishti dragged him in to the room where the baby was quietly playing in his crib while his mother folded his tiny clothes closeby and stood up as Dushasan entered.

"He's sleeping, let's go back." Dushasan said as he saw Draupadi, he was awkward for sure, by Drishti wasnt letting him leave without meeting the tiny human being, "You blind man, he is not sleeping, come here!"

Drishti picked him up from his crib cautiously and Dushasan stood all stiff and uneasy in front of her. She offered him to hold the baby once but he was in constant denial as he furtively glanced at Draupadi standing in background who wasnt saying anything.

"I will teach you, look you have to support the spine alright?" Drishti said but Dushasan was still hesitant, a few seconds later Draupadi approached them and looked up at Dushasan, "Its okay, you can hold him. You too are his uncle afterall."

Maybe that statement put Dushasan to a bit ease and he then realised that he too was an uncle, to this baby. That thought never crossed his mind and now amazed him.

Drishti was now adamant to hand the baby to Dushasan and passed him in his arms in a swift moment, Dushasan was so highly scared, he completely stopped breathing causing Drishti to laugh while the other two ladies chuckled.

"Dont make this scary face to him! Smile up now." Drishti said still laughing at how Dushasan held the baby as if it was made of glass and could break at his minimal movement.

"Take him back, Drishti, take him back!" Dushasan said panicking a lot and something more mischevious popped in Drishti's mind as she stepped back and pushed Kritika in his direction letting her calm Dushasan while handling the baby.

A part of Drishti forgot Draupadi was still there and could get the hint of what was going on between Kritika and Dushasan but Kritika handled it in a such a polite and amiable manner that Draupadi didnt suspect anything and went back to her work leaving the three of them with her son.