033.

In the game of life, Rachel was losing.

No, scratch that; she was losing a week ago. Now, at this point, she may as well be reduced to the rank of a skeleton buried six feet underground, because she was far beyond dead. Even if Derek hadn't put the pieces together yet, he would soon. The mystery of the Kanima was no longer a jigsaw puzzle, it was a five-pieced toy for one year olds, and Rachel couldn't keep the final piece hidden much longer. Eventually, they wouldn't need it; the picture would come together all on it's own, and the hidden piece would become useless.

Much like Rachel, at the moment, who'd chosen not to chase after her idiot brother, and her even more idiot friend, when they'd both chased after the Kanima. Well, Derek had bolted after it- she had a feeling Scott had only gone to ensure neither the homicidal lizard, or the alpha ended up dead. That left her with two options; helping Boyd drag two unconscious (she wished Erica was unconscious) betas back to the warehouse without being seen, or she could accompany Stiles to wherever the hell he decided to go.

Obviously, she'd chosen Stiles.

The absolute last thing Rachel wanted to do was drag Erica across town & listen to the endless array of insults directed towards none other than her. Not to mention, the fallout she'd have to face whenever Isaac woke up. She was going to avoid him for as long as (in)humanly possible. Rachel seriously didn't need to add a few broken bones to her already outrageous list of problems.

So with that in mind, she'd wordlessly climbed into the passenger seat of Stiles' jeep, mentally thanking Scott for not being present. For the first time in forever, Rachel actually got to sit in the front, rather than in the back with various wrappers & the dreaded Cheeto powder; which she was beginning to think she was allergic to. The vehicle had been parked in an empty lot, beneath a pole lamp to provide a little extra light, whilst they waited for a call from Scott in order to determine their next move.

At first, Stiles had attempted to follow him, but the teen wolf had been lost as soon as he cut through to woods. Although Rachel was still a werewolf, one of who, was fully capable of tracking his scent, she'd chosen to keep her mouth shut & let Stiles assume she'd reflected a human. Little did he know, she was growing to hate humanity with each passing day. The weakness, inability to defend/heal oneself & the simplicity of losing her overconfidence was more than enough to cause Rachel to never want to be human again.

"Do you wanna listen to the radio?" Stiles interrupted the silence, raising a brow as he proceeded to turn on the radio without an answer. The preset volume was unexpectedly loud, giving both teens a minor jump as it began blasting a song throughout the jeep.

Rachel scrunched up her nose, shaking her head as she shut off the radio, cringing at Stiles' music taste. "What the hell was that?"

"I have no clue." He admitted, scratching at the back of his neck absentmindedly. "There's some CD's in the glovebox, here."

Stiles paused for a moment, digging through the glovebox rather comedically (as in, tossing a half eaten pack of m&m's, an actual glove, and a broken pair of headphones on the floor) before pulling out what appeared to be an immensely overstuffed CD case, equipped with a piece of duct tape in order to hold it together. Rachel gave him a questioning look, only to be completely ignored as he passed her the case, adding, "Not all of them are mine, so if you find anything weird, it's probably Scott's."

The brunette nodded, picking off the tape & opening the case, flipping through the various CD's. Some she'd seen before in Derek's collection, like Metallica, AC/DC & The Beatles; all of which she didn't mind listening to, from time to time. Others, like Bastille, All Time Low & Imagine Dragons were familiar only by name. She'd probably heard one or two songs from them, likely through the stereo system of a store when she'd been moving around with her siblings after the fire.