016.

ACT TWO ; CHAPTER SIXTEEN✎

✎ . . . deja vu

           𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑 the light foot-steps approaching her tent, she didn't move. she guessed it was glenn, maybe even dale.

            "you awake?" the man outside camila's tent whispered just enough for the girl to hear. "yeah. come in," she closed the book she had been reading, setting it off to the side of her cot. "couldn't sleep?" she questioned as rick stepped inside, she took in his exhausted state, concern taking over her features.

            "no, thought a walk could help. come with me?" camila contemplated it for a second, getting major deja vu from the cdc.

            "you're still awake?" questioned my sister who was sitting on the floor, reading a book. i shrugged and nodded, not bothering to look up from my own book. "can't sleep," i muttered quietly...

            my eyes went wide and i pulled away, quickly standing up from where i sat next to him. "i—uhm—i should go... oh god. you're drunk, you aren't going to remember this." i suddenly started regretting my decision to go for that walk...

            "camila?" camila snapped her head up, blinking quickly. "oh, yeah. yeah, i'll go." she pushed herself off the floor of the tent, stepping outside along with rick.

            "i'm sorry about what happened at hatlin's." rick said, camila immediately snapped her head over to look at the sheriff. "with what, dave and tony? it's okay, you have nothing to be sorry for."

rick shook his head, "i didn't do anything to stop it."

"you were trying to keep the peace, it's okay."

after that, the pair walked with a comfortable silence between them. camila took that time to take in the beautiful scenery of the farm. the tree leaves were glossy from when it had rained an hour ago. a few of the lights inside hershel's home were still on, lighting up the field just enough. the stars looked especially beautiful on this particular night, they had always been camila's favorite thing about the night.

she remembered taking astronomy her junior year of high-school with glenn. at the end of the year, they were assigned a partner-project where they had to create a presentation on the cultural significance of a constellation of their choice.

she and glenn partnered up and decided to do aquila—mostly because camila thought it looked cool and the name sounded like tequila—she ended up doing the whole project by herself simply because she loved learning about it while glenn found it boring. they were the only ones to receive a one-hundred-percent as a grade on said assignment.