013.

ACT TWO ; CHAPTER THIRTEEN✎

✎ . . . the barn

𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐊 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐎 speak with hershel and shane decided to, as he put it, "man up and take matters into his own hands". he now stood outside, guarding the barn along with andrea.

            camila was currently sat in the rv, sharpening her knife. a million thoughts and what if's ran through her mind.

            "mommy, look!" charlotte exclaimed, jumping up from her seat on the small rv couch and running over to camila to show her mom her newest drawing. camila set her knife and whetstone down on the table, leaning forward to see charlotte's work.

            it was a simple drawing, six stick figures holding hands in a line. they each had names above their heads, like labels. the first one was daddy, next was me, referring to charlotte, then mommy, tía rosie, tía luci, and finally glenn. similar to the one she had drawn on the highway, the ones labeled daddy, tía rosie, and tía luci, had frowns.

            "i love it. you did a very good job." camila gave a warm smile, choosing to not ask questions about the facial expressions of certain people this time. she already knew what charlotte would say.

            camila heard four small knocks on the rv door before glenn stepped inside, egg yolk dripped down his face and it was all over the inside of his cap that he now held in his hand. "what the hell happened to you?" camila asked, trying not to laugh at the korean's distressed state.

            glenn sighed, "i think maggie's mad at me. so much for trying to talk to her." he grumbled.

            "i mean, i would be mad too if you told the group one of my family's secrets'." camila made air quotes with her fingers when she said, 'family's secrets'. glenn groaned in annoyance.

            "whose side are you on here, cam?"

            "obviously yours but i'm just saying— jesus christ, you need a shower. you smell like eggs and i literally hate the smell of eggs." camila coughed dramatically as glenn threw his head back, laughing.

            "i hate you," glenn said between laughs.

            camila grinned, "i love you too, dumbass."

            glenn was happy that camila seemed better now, of course she still had some healing to do after her sister's death, but she was doing so much better compared to before, and it was noticeable within the group.