003.

ACT ONE ; CHAPTER THREE✎

✎ . . . severed hand

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐏 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 were going on a run back into atlanta, for merle. the group consisted of; rick, t-dog, daryl, glenn, and camila.

luci and glenn weren't too keen on camila going on the run. "are you positive you want to go? i'd rather you'd stay here with me and charlie." luci asked wearily. "i made it this far, i'll be fine, luc." camila spoke, rolling her eyes at her older sister.

luci gave up on trying once she realized nothing was changing her sisters mind, all she could do was hope the best for camila.

it was a long, mostly silent car-ride back to atlanta. when they got there the group immediately began making their way to the building merle was abandoned at.

            camila's stomach churned as the five of them got closer to the building. glenn glanced over at the worried looking girl, "are you alright? you look like you're about ready to barf." glenn slightly joked, setting his hand on the small of her back. "i'm okay.. i just have a bad gut feeling about this run." glenn  nodded in understanding. "we'll be alright, promise." camila smiled gratefully up at her best friend.

            once the small group made it to the building, daryl was the first one inside. he didn't even check for the dead, which proved to be pretty stupid after a geek came stumbling towards him, almost taking a chunk out of his shoulder as daryl was too frantic to be paying attention. as soon as camila noticed the walker she rushed forward, her knife piercing through the creature's eye socket. daryl turned to the girl whose face was now covered in blood and simply offered a thankful nod.

            "you alright?" cam asked. "yeah, you?" camila nodded to daryl, showing that she was perfectly fine. "the door to the stairs leading up to the roof is just around the corner." t-dog announced, leading the way for the group.

            through the small window on the door, camila could make out at least four walkers, but judging by how long the staircase is, she knew there would be more.

            camila and glenn shot each other a look, knowing they've both done this plenty of times. "me and glenn can handle this. we know what we're doing." cam assured the group.

            camila pulled her knife out of its sheath, "one at a time." she reminded glenn who had his hands readied on the doorknob. "ready?" camila nodded as glenn let one of the dead out before quickly shutting the door. after camila took down the geek, the pair repeated this process until the staircase was cleared, leaving at least eleven bodies behind.