005.

ACT ONE ; CHAPTER FIVE✎

✎ . . . cdc

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐃, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐏 𝐖𝐀𝐒 moving on to the cdc lab. camila didn't feel as sentimental as she thought she would, the only things worrying her now was what was going to happen next.

jim's condition was getting worse by the hour, jacqui's been willing to take care of him but
everyone knew it was a low possibility jim would be
able to hold out until they make it to the cdc lab.

camila stood by the rv as shane gave the group a speech and a quick run through of their plan for once they arrive at the cdc.

"any questions?" he asked the group.

"we aren't going," morales announced. rick and shane stared at him like he was insane. "we have family in birmingham. we want to be with our people." his wife added on.

shane sighed, "you go in your own; you won't have anyone to watch your backs."

"we'll take our chances. i have to do what's best for my family." morales responded, rick asked if they were sure they wanted to go through with this, "we've talked about it, we're sure." morales confirmed.

"alright," rick looked through the bag of guns and gave morales a .357 and some bullets. "the box is only half full." shane commented.

"thanks for everything," morales pulled camila into a hug. camila was hurt that morales
was leaving, but she understood. she would do
the same if she knew where her sister was. "no te olvidaré. don't die, okay? i'm sure i'll see you again." camila spoke with a soft smile towards the man who had become like family to her. morales nodded, "i'll miss you. no te olvidaré."

camila started going to her car but carl stopped her, "cam! you aren't coming with us?"
camila bit the inside of her cheek and glanced towards lori. "sorry bud, i'm taking my own car, maybe next time?" carl gave her a smile and
nodded.

luci, cam, and charlotte got into camila's car, glenn decided to go with dale in the rv to help watch jim.

camila followed the cars in front of her as they started down the road. "you gonna miss this place?" luci asked. "not too much. i'll miss some of the memories but i'm sorta glad we're leaving it, the camp just wasn't safe anymore."

the rest of the car ride was mostly quiet until the cars ahead of camila came to a halt, "why are they stopping?" luci asked.