002.

ACT ONE ; CHAPTER TWO✎

✎ . . . home

            𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐒𝐒 𝐂𝐀𝐑-𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄 the group finally made it back to the camp. the whole way there was especially tense with everyone worrying about merle being stuck on the roof; it isn't merle they were worried about though, it was his brother, daryl.

rick parked the cube-van behind a red sports car. camila hopped out of the car and immediately ran over to glenn with a wide smile spread across her face. "hey, you're okay." glenn said with relief, wrapping his arms around camila. "nobody can kill me but me, of course i'm okay." she joked.

carl rushed up to the pair, "did you find them?" he asked camila excitedly. "of course i did." camila reached into her bag, handing carl the small stack of comic books she found for him.

carl thanked her while lori gave camila a greatful hug which she returned happily.

cam instantly had a smile on her face once she found charlotte in the small crowd. "hi baby," charlotte giddily ran over to her mother who wasted no time in scooping her up, holding charlotte on her hip. camila turned her head to the rest of the group that had stayed behind, immediately noticing luci standing with her arms crossed, her face softening once she saw that her sister was alive and okay. "you know, i tell you time and time again that you shouldn't—" luci cut herself off, wrapping her arms around camila and charlotte. "i know, i'm sorry."

soon rick got out of the van, his eyes fixed on the ground. carl and lori grimes each held the same shocked expression. "dad?" carl spoke. rick looked up from the ground and at his wife and son. the two he'd been looking for. "dad!" carl raced towards rick with lori behind him, jumping into his fathers embrace. lori looked terrified as she stared at the ghost of her supposedly dead husband and camila certainly did not miss the angered look she shot shane walsh.

camila's eyes filled with happiness for carl, he no longer had to cry at night wishing for his father to be there. he could now sleep peacefully with both his parents at his side, of course camila was happy for rick too. his search for his family was over.

as the sun set and the sky was painted a dark blue, the group began to gather around a small bonfire while they listened to rick's story and how he ended up in atlanta.

"mom said you died," carl mentioned, laying his head down on his father's chest. rick set his eyes on his wife who had a hint of remorse in her eyes.

"and she had every reason to believe that." rick agreed, "don't you ever doubt it." camila observed shane's facial expressions, he seemed angry and was continuously stealing glances at lori.