chapter 3 ✰

dream.

i sit down across from george and he stares at me with his pretty chocolate eyes.

"hi dream," he starts, looking at me. "how've you been?"

"i'm alright," i say, lying slightly.

i seriously don't know how to feel.

"what about you?" i ask.

"i'm great, thanks! i'm just glad i'm off my shift. as much as i like going there, i hate working honestly," george rambles to me.

i find it cute he can be so comfortable with me, yet he seems like such an introverted person. hell, i'm an introverted person but i feel comfortable with him.

i smile and nod a little, listening to george ramble about work and whatever happened to be on his mind.

"enough of me though," george says after a while. "what've you been up to?"

"well, i rearranged my apartment," i say, letting out a small breath. i connect eye contact with george, until he gets nervous and looks passed me. "you should come see it sometime."

"really?" george asks, his face lighting up as he says it.

i nod and smile. "i have a guest room, so maybe you could stay?"

"that would be nice," george replies with a smile across his face. "i'm gonna go grab a coffee, want anything?"

"oh, i can come grab it myself, i don't want you-"

i begin to stand up, going into my pocket to grab my wallet.

"shush, just tell me what you want, on me." george looks up at me and i can tell his cheeks have gone slightly pink.

"um, can you get me a tea please?" i really wasn't expecting george to pay.

i sit back down, defeated by george's 'shush' on me.

george nods and gets up from his seat to go get in line to order for both of us. i watch his small movements while he waits in line.

the way he fiddles with the end of his t-shirt occasionally and brings his hands in and out of his pockets.

i really shouldn't start on his hair.

his hair looks so delicate like a cloud, it reminds me of patches' fur almost. he looks like the type of person who likes their hair a bit longer too.

george comes back a few minutes later and sets down a tea and banana muffin in front of me. i stare at it until george sits down.

"thank you, i could've got it my-"

"shush, it's okay dream," george softly smiles towards me. i could've melted.

i wanted to thank him hundreds of times over.

i pick up the muffin and pull the wrapper lightly between my index finger and thumb. i peel the wrapping down on one side towards the table and do the same all around the muffin until the wrapper is off the muffin.

i take a bite of it, tasting the sweet muffin against my tongue. i smile and nod a little while chewing towards george, and george is eating his own muffin as well.

"i wasn't sure if you liked banana," george mentions. "i kind of just got two of the banana muffins."

"no, banana is great," i smile. it's true, banana is my all time favourite.

george nods while his smile had remained on his lips the entire time. i'd caught him studying my face a few times already.

i look down and pull my phone out of my pocket, feeling the buzz of it against my thigh.