"I insist, Isabelle." The way he said my name made me look at him and I nodded after a pause, and he opened the door for me. 

We stopped on the way at the cafe I always went, and he got out of the car, holding my door open for me as I got out and looked around confused. 

"Why are we here?" I asked, finally looking at him to find his eyes already on me.

"To have breakfast. You don't look like you've eaten anything since last night, am I correct?" He said and I nodded, realizing it had been more than 12 hours since I last ate.

We sat in our usual place, sipping on our coffee and ate brownies, sitting in complete silence. Noticing his burning gaze on my face, I finally turned to him and raised an eyebrow at him questioningly. 

He shook his head and reached across the table, taking off my glasses and setting them on the table carefully. he looked at me concerned.

Didn't think that was possible.

"Are you okay?" He finally asked.

"Not really, but I'll manage." I answered him truthfully, giving him a slight nod.

"Do they hate me that much?" He asked again and I almost choked on my coffee.

"What?" I asked him confused.

"Your brothers, I mean. They looked displeased." He said leaning back in his chair, amusement dancing in his eyes.

"Yes, they weren't exactly elated, but I cleared the air for them. At least I thought I did." I sighed and we sat in silence for the rest of the time.

The car ride to the boutique was quiet and I had calmed down by now, although I was still a bit pissed off. Then I remembered.

"Right, um... before I forget, I need your size for the suit." I told him as my boutique came into view.

He looked at me thoughtfully before nodding. 

"Alright. I have some time so you can take it right now. If it's no problem?" He asked glancing out the window.

I sucked in a sharp breath. "Yeah... Yeah no problem.. Come on in."

We went out and I opened the door, to be greeted by my few employees who's eyes eidened when they saw Adam.

"Oh my god it's Adam Thorne!" A few girls squealed and I glanced at him, who had a serious and cold expression on his face like he couldn't care less. 

I guess he didn't.

"Come this way." I told him and led him to my office. Taking out my size notebook and a measuring tape, I motioned for him to take off his coat and he did so, although rather slowly.

Is he doing this on purpose?

"Am I supposed to take off all my clothes?" He asked innocently, amusement laced in his words, causing me to blush furiously as a horrified expression passed my face.

"No!" I answered quickly..Too quickly and he smirked.

I  went closer to him and started taking his measurements, aware of how close we were standing, but dared myself not to look at his eyes or I'd lose my sanity which I could already feel slipping away.

"This reminds of that little moment in my office." His husky breath fanned over my neck while I took his collar measurements and I pulled a little too tight at the tape, choking him slightly, then loosening my grip and looking him in the eyes. 

A few seconds passed like this and we didn't move until someone knocked on my door and came in.

"Mr. Thorne?" My head snapped to his driver who had caught us like this and my face turned red, and I backed away, looking everywhere but back into his eyes.

"What?" He snapped, rather loudly and his driver flinched.

Ouch.

"Lucas is calling saying you won't pick your phone. You have a meeting in less than half an hour, sir." The driver said this and immediately stepped out, probably aware of how lose he was to dying right now.

Poor guy.

"I'm done anyway so you can go now." I said slowly and looked at him, to find him already staring at me.

"Do you want me to go?" He said and inched closer.

Do I?

"You're running late as it is. Aveline already sent me her preferences and sizes. For Aidan and your dad too, so I'll get to work." I told him and he nodded. 

"Do you have any preferences?" I asked him carefully and he smirked.

"You." Was all he said and he left, leaving me speechless.

Holy mother of-...

* * *

Caught once again... Too many interruptions, no? What could Adam mean when he told her she was his preference? "Do I sense a romance brewing?" (In Jane Austen's voice.)

Keep reading on to find out!

Question of the Day: What do you have for breakfast?

Vote, comment & share!