Land of Waves Mission: The Demon of the Mist

Start from the beginning

Sasuke scoffs quietly as he double-checks his travel pack, and Sakura mumbles something to him that makes his scowl disappear.

Kakashi grabs an angry Naruto barreling for a certain bridge-builder.

"The ninken you speak of has already gone ahead. She'll meet us there."

Tazuna mumbles something incoherently but accepts Kakashi's lie. I glance up at Kakashi, who just facepalms as he scolds Naruto yet again.

"Just promise to be discreet for the duration of the mission and you can come." He mumbles through his hands so Tazuna can't hear him.

"Sir, yes sir!" I gleefully salute him, and he sighs as if the journey ahead will be a long one.

And it probably will. I pat him on the back to console him before heading out ahead of everyone.

"Hey, where's this little girl going? She coming with us? You just bringing along the whole school?" Tazuna says, and I find myself laughing.

This guy isn't that bad. He's actually pretty funny.

He's just an old fart trying his best to help his country.

Why couldn't I see that earlier? Just because he had a little to drink?

Pfft. Get yo shit together, Moriko. I think to myself, taking a few quick breaths.

And lighten up. The man can drink, he has every right to.

"I'm a chunin, hun. And I'm older than I look. Just like you." Naruto snickers at my comment, and I wink at the old man.

"This is my special jutsu I use to assassinate pedophiles. I just happen to be heading out at the same time as you guys. Good luck with your team Kakashi. And take it easy old man, you look exhausted." This time I wink at team seven, who only look on in confused silence.

I run off into the forest, waiting until I'm sure I can no longer be seen before I transform. I've never been to the Land of Waves but have a general idea of where to go thanks to learning how to read the Major Nations' map. Instead of heading there, I decide to head to a makeshift den up ahead on the trail and sit tight.

Sitting in the silence of nature, I begin my meditation techniques, using my visions to spy on the team. This is an ability I discovered after my physical rehab release. The image that Destiny showed me in her starry realm when Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto were reading a scroll together was actually my Japanese to English dictionary and sentence structure scroll that I had been working on. I ended up having another vision later that night at the hospital of them going over it once they visiting hours ended and they left.

As I sit and watch the vision, I see that Kakashi has just finished going over the Five Great Shinobi Nations and each of their respective hidden villages.

. . .

"ᴄ-ʀᴀɴᴋᴇᴅ ᴍɪꜱꜱɪᴏɴꜱ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʟᴏᴡ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴇɴᴄᴏᴜɴᴛᴇʀɪɴɢ ᴇɴᴇᴍɪᴇꜱ. ʀᴇʟᴀx ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ."

"ʏᴇᴀʜ, ɪ ɢᴜᴇꜱꜱ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇʟʏ, ʜᴜʜ?" ꜱᴀᴋᴜʀᴀ ꜱᴀʏꜱ, ᴀɴᴅ ꜱɪɢʜꜱ ɪɴ ᴀɴxɪᴏᴜꜱ ʀᴇʟɪᴇꜰ.

"ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ. ᴡᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴛʜɪꜱ." ꜱᴀꜱᴜᴋᴇ ᴛᴇʟʟꜱ ʜᴇʀ. ꜱʜᴇ ꜱᴍɪʟᴇꜱ ᴀᴛ ʜɪᴍ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴅꜱ, ᴛʜᴇɴ ʟᴏᴏᴋꜱ ᴛᴏ ɴᴀʀᴜᴛᴏ, ᴡʜᴏ'ꜱ ᴡᴀʟᴋɪɴɢ ᴀʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴏᴇꜱɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇᴍ.