"Well, if you're so concerned about your meeting, you should stop wasting time already because you spent the last 10 minutes arguing with me when you could've just changed your stupid shirt." She hissed, making me smirk.

"At least I'm not the blind one here. You'll pay for the coffee you just spilled and the shirt you just ruined." I threatened her, although loud enough for everyone to hear, and a few people stared at us while some chuckled.

That moment her expression changed to anger, and she suddenly took off her glasses, momentarily shocking me as I stared at her eyes, completely fascinated as the most beautiful pair of striking blue eyes bore right into mine.

What I felt as I stared at those ocean eyes could not be explained. I felt myself drowning in the sea, and fear crept up my chest, something I had never experienced before, but now that I did, it felt so surreal.

Clearing my throat, I looked away, trying to slow down my increasing heartbeat and regaining composure, when I realised people were staring at... her?

Some with shocked and surprised expressions, while some with awe.

"Shit" I heard her mutter and then she went to the counter and told the bartender,

"Martha, please give this kind man a coffee to his liking and put it on my tab." She said to the barista who eyed me curiously while the girl took a pen from the counter and scribbled something on a napkin.

She gave it to the barista and pulled down her hat and put her glasses back on and nearly ran out.

I was still shocked, trying to comprehend the whole situation and people whispering about it didn't help my case. I went to the counter where I got my new coffee, and the bartender gave me the napkin.

"This is her number, she told me to tell tell you to contact her and she would pay for the shirt." I took the napkin from her and noticed how even the scribbled handwriting looked so neat. I put it in my pocket and left the cafe when I saw my driver frowning at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Sir, your shirt.. it's umm..." He averted his gaze from me, noticing my dull mood.

I looked down and noticed the large stain.

"Fuck." I muttered.

Thankfully there was a spare shirt in my office which was only a ten minute drive away but the meeting was in 15 minutes.

I messaged my P.A to reschedule the meeting to some other day as I had to go meet the Edward sons.

All changed and tidy, I was on my way when Lance Edward called me.

"Edward." I drawled out lazily, waiting for him to speak.

"Thorne." Was all he said.

"I'm on my way, I'll be there in half an hour."

"Alright." And then he cut the call.

Lance Edward, a clever, cunning and cold person, best at what he does- business. This was why I respected him and decided to meet with him regarding a new contract that would benefit us both, and to my surprise, he agreed.

Entering Edward Enterprises, I saw it in its full glory, and was thoroughly impressed by not just the outside, but the inside as well.

Lance Edward was good at what he did, along with his brothers Arthur and Tristan.

Too good.

On reaching the top floor, I heard a chime on my phone to find a text from Aveline, my sister.

"I'm on my way and Aidan's with me.Don't do anything stupid."

I rolled my eyes at her although I knew she couldn't see me. I was busy replying to her, oblivious to my surroundings when I crashed into something, rather someone, who tried to take hold of my collar for support but failed and dragged me along with them.

"Oof!" I heard a woman's voice say.

I found myself lying on top of a woman and after regaining my senses, I quickly got up with the help of Lucas, my P.A.

"Belle! Are you okay?" A man ran towards her and helped her up. I recognized him immediately as Tristan David Edward, the youngest brother.

I looked at the woman with a confused face and then I saw her trying to fix her glasses, and I realised something. But before I could say anything, all hell broke loose.

"Are you mad you asshole? Couldn't you see that someone was walking with so many files and folders?" She yelled, gaining attention from some people around us.

"Did you really not see me? I mean, are you insane? Or are you just fucking blind? Now who's going to arrange all those damn files?" She threw her hands up in the air, making me scoff.

Blind? Look who's talking.

"Was this your plan for revenge? Because if it is, it is so fucking sick!" She kept on speaking, completely oblivious to the fact that I now had an amused expression on my face, while the people beside me were gaping at her audacity to talk back to me.

Just as she was yelling, two men whom I recognized as Arthur David Edward and then Lance David Edward came in worried.

Who was this woman and how had she captured all the attention in a matter of seconds?

And they said I was a drama queen.

"Isabelle." Lance called out to her.

Isabelle.

That's when Edward's eldest son shocked not only me, but also the rest of the people around. He hugged her.

Lance seemed to be whispering something to her, to which she nodded slowly after releasing a deep breath.

He let her go after a few moments, gave his younger brother a subtle nod, who took her away.

Lance cleared his throat, looking at me then motioned to Tristan who told the employees to go back to work.

"Mr. Thorne." Lance said, and I looked at him and then he gestured to follow him, and I did, all the while wondering who she was.

Girlfriend? Probably.

But why did it bother me? I had no idea.

* * *

Was Adam's anger towards Isabelle justified? Why does Isabelle's relationship matter to Adam? Keep reading on to find out!

Question of the Day: Have you ever worn sunglasses in a dark room or somewhere they weren't needed?

Vote, comment & share!