I tried to laugh, but I ended up being sarcastic. "No, Ms. Reyes. I don't think so."

I heard him laughing again, "But seriously, my father already agreed. Our flight is in 4 days."

"Oh, that's good. I think I could prepare for that."

Then I felt someone poking my leg. It was Cate.

'Who's that?' she mouthed.

I replied, mouthing, 'event organizer.'

"Y/n? we're going to surprise mommy!" I suddenly heard Edith.

"Yes, baby. I know", I said, which made me surprised to myself. I immediately end the call before I can say anything more.

Well, we have a plan. They--we are going to surprise Cate the day before her birthday. They're going to fly back here, 2 days before her birthday. Cate knows we already booked a flight to England on May 13, but, of course, I didn't. She might get mad at me, but it's a great risk. Maybe.

I heard Cate saying, "You call the organizer your 'baby'?"

"No, I don't call her that."

"I don't have any problem if you have any relationship, but you didn't tell me about her."

"Because she's--"

"And I told you, when we're working, we should be professional."

She didn't even let me finish my sentence! I didn't reply anymore.

But maybe that's a good thing. At least Cate doesn't know the surprise yet.

---------------------

May 9

"...Of course I know. She looks goddamn amazing!" Maggie said when I asked her if she had already seen the event yesterday.

I'm with my friend, Maggie, whom I met on Twitter, and both of us are obviously stan Cate. We have known each other for months, and I think it's already enough for us to meet up. Although she doesn't know that I personally know her, it is quite a relief to me. But if ever she asks, I would not deny it.

"True, she knows what she's serving," I said, agreeing.

"And we know that she only serves for gays," She said, making us laugh together.

After that, I excused myself to go to the comfort room, but while walking, my eyes widened when I saw a familiar face at the last table near the bathroom.

It's Cate.

Why the hell is she here?

I immediately walked as fast as I could before she could see me.

But I was wrong for thinking that because Cate was in front of the cubicle when I opened the door as soon as I got to pee.

"I saw you," She said, raising her eyebrow, "You said you're going somewhere?"

"Yeah? By somewhere means here--Wait why are you even here?"

"I told you, I have a meeting with someone."

"Well, I'm with someone too so excuse me," I said when I tried to walk past her. Didn't work out.

Holding my arm, "You're on a date?"

"I don't have a--"

"That's Ms. Reyes? You're 'baby'?" She asked again, cutting me off. "You're still avoiding me by using your date?"

"First of all, that's Maggie. Second, I don't have a date, that's a friend of mine. Last, I'm not avoiding you."

"Well, if you don't, then why did you run when you saw me?"

"I didn't. That's just... how I normally walk," I said, leaving Cate in the toilet alone. I mentally slap my face for having such a dumb excuse.

--------------------------

Evening

I just got home, tired from being outside for almost the whole day. Plus the fact that we accidentally saw each other in the same restaurant, like really, how coincidence is that?

My phone vibrated on the side table while I was resting in my bed. I let it ring for the first 2 calls before I answered it without looking.

"Hi, sorry for not answering your--"

"Are you home?"

"Cate? I'm sleeping."

"Let me in, I'm here."

"What? this late?" without saying anything, she just hang up the call.

I instantly jumped out of my bed and straightly went to the door to open it.

As soon as I opened it, I said, "What are you doing here?"

"We need to talk, I can't do it anymore."