Thirty Four

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
THE RULES OF SELINA
NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK

After a long flight from Savannah to New York City, I finally touched down at JFK where I was picked up by my drivers

After a long flight from Savannah to New York City, I finally touched down at JFK where I was picked up by my drivers. I was driven to The Ritz Carlton and given the keys to my suite. The day moved by pretty fast. One minute I was taking a gentle nap, the next minute Tai was bursting into my room, with the hair and makeup crew.

"Your brother got into a fight in Colombia. There was this boxing coach that thinks he would be decent as a boxer," Dad said, and I adjusted my earpods so I could hear him better. Makeup artists painted on my skin but the only thing on my mind was what Tai said.

She had been my manager for the last year, and I always followed what she said. She knew what was best for my career but I didn't want to give up my relationship.

"So he's into boxing now?" I asked, looking at a picture I had taken of Ricardo on my phone.

Dad sighed. "Apparently. He said he's interested in training with this coach. I'll fly down soon to meet him personally myself. Your mother doesn't think it's a good idea but if that's what he wants to do, who's going to stop him,"

"Yeah," I said, making my boyfriend my screensaver and smiling to myself. Tai narrowed her eyes, and I rolled my eyes, changing it back to what it was—a picture of Shakira.

"What are you doing?" Dad asked, and I looked at myself through the mirror. "Getting ready for some interviews," I responded, my lips forming a line. I wanted nothing more than to call Ricardo but Tai was breathing down my neck right now.

After saying goodbye to Dad, It was time to change into my outfit. I handed my phone to her, taking a sip of my water.

She noticed the frown I wore, and she grabbed my chin. "Cheer up, I know how to make you fly, Selina. You trust me right?"

When have I never trusted her? She's the reason why I had Madison Beer, Rihanna, and Doja Cat on my album. She's the reason my career was skyrocketing, I practically owed my life. Parting my lips, I slowly nod my head. "Yes,"

"Good,"

An hour later, I was finally ready for my interview with Tate McRae. We both sat in front of the cameras wearing amazing outfits. She was so funny and easy to talk to, I felt like I had known her my entire life.

The camera crew gave us a thumbs up before we adjusted our hair as the timer counted down. "And action,"

"Hello, Everyone. My name is Selina Maxwell,"

"I'm Tate McRae and today, we will be playing Song Association against each other. A word will appear on the screen and whoever sings a song with the word in the verse or the name, gets the point," She said, earning a gentle nod from me.