Five

CHAPTER FIVE
THE RULES OF SELINA
SAVANNAH, GEORGIA

CHAPTER FIVE THE RULES OF SELINASAVANNAH, GEORGIA

"Fuck!"

I quickly opened my car door, slamming it shut and making my way to the front. On my way back home from the club, I had driven over a large pothole causing my tire to rip open and there was no one in sight. As I looked at my front right tire, I cursed and looked around. The only thing lighting up the empty road was the moonlight, and even though I loved the moon, it didn't ease my nervousness.

I wanted to call my dad but I knew he would be upset because this was the fourth car, I've had trouble with in the last 2 months. So instead, my finger pressed the SOS button on the inside of my car. "Roadside assistance is currently unavailable right now. Please call, later,"

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," I cursed, running my hands. It was funny, I told my parents I would be back soon but that obviously wasn't the case. I began panicking, I was alone and someone could easily come and kidnap me.

Just then, a sheriff pulled up behind me and a small smile made its way to my face. The man stood up, holding his belt as he made his way over and knocked on my window. "Ma'am, I saw you out here and I just wanted to know if you were alright?"

"I'm afraid my right tire is torn, and the dumbass roadside assistance isn't helping me," I said, my eyebrows furrowing together. He placed his hand on my car and I cringed at the thought of his fingerprints. "Where do you live? I can drop you off,"

"Oh no, I can't leave my car here. I need my car fixed tonight," I explained, setting my hands on the steering wheel. The Sheriff sighed, looking straight ahead "Well, there is a mechanic shop right down the road. It's about 5 minutes out. I know the man, he's very good at his job,"

"Since when was there a mechanic around this area?"

"He just moved here from Spain, a month ago,"

"What is it called? Maybe I can call?" I asked, picking up my phone again. "What time is it?"

"About 11?"

"Yeah, he's not open," He said, and my shoulders dropped. I leaned my head on the seat and groaned due to frustration. "Ma'am, are you sure you don't want me to give you a ride? We can have the tow truck come tomorrow and pick your car up,"

"This is a jet black Mercedes built in the '70s. It's a classic, and if you think for one second I'm going to leave it, you're mistaken,"

He nodded, adjusting his hat. "I'll tell you what. How about I call the mechanic, and have him work on your car? He may be asleep though but it's worth a shot,"