Four

CHAPTER FOUR
THE RULES OF SELINA
SAVANNAH, GEORGIA

"You're so fucking beautiful, Athena," I said while taking hundreds of pictures

"You're so fucking beautiful, Athena," I said while taking hundreds of pictures. The sun was hitting her golden skin just right, and she looked incredible lying on the chair. "I'm gonna post these on my Instagram,"

"You definitely should. You look amazing," I assured, a smile on my face. Athena, Mallory, and I went into Hinesville just for a girls' day.

"You guys believe in tarot cards?" Athena asked, as her eyes widened. She practically ran into the shop, like a young kid seeing the candy store.

"Is she on the brownies again?" I asked, and Mallory rolled her eyes. "She always is,"

We followed after her. Athena sat in front of another woman, one who was wearing plenty of crystals, colorful clothes, and dozens of necklaces. I was never into tarot cards or zodiac signs, it just seemed like a bunch of strangers telling you what you wanted to hear.

"Athena, how much is this?" I whispered, tilting my head to the side.

"Silence!" The woman said, dominance evident in her deep voice. She closed her eyes, and pointed to me, her lips parting. "The unloved,"

"Okay, who the fuck is this?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowed together. "This is Celeste. She's a tarot reader/physic. She can read your future,"

"The cards never lie," Celeste said, raising her right eyebrow with confidence. I rolled my eyes, crossing her arms. "She's a con artist. My ex-boyfriend spoke the same language,"

"Will you give this lady a chance?" Athena mumbled, frustration laced in her dark eyes. Mallory shrugged at me and together, we sat down next to her. "Who is going first?"

"How about..." Celeste started, running his eyes around until they landed on me. "Selina,"

"How did she know your name?" Mallory asked, her eyes slightly narrowing.

"My parents are rich and famous, she just did her research," I simply said, not impressed.

Celeste chuckled, placing her cards onto the coffee table, and urged them to gather around. After shuffling for what seemed like an eternity, she started pulling cards out of the pile and placed them in a circling motion. While nodding her head, and producing a grunt, she looked at me with a frown.

"You feel unserved. You fear you aren't being taken seriously," She placed another card down, running her long nails over the paper. "This won't last long, your clarity and prosperity will be arriving soon. You have a path full of success in front of you due to your talent. Romantically, you will find yourself in a loving relationship with-,"

She pulled another card, and soon her eyes narrowed playfully. "A strong bare-chested man,"

"Damn," Athena said, fanning her face dramatically, while I rolled my eyes. I didn't trust anything this woman had to say, I wasn't one to believe in someone reading my future.