Twenty Nine

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
THE RULES OF SELINA
SAVANNAH, GEORGIA

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE THE RULES OF SELINASAVANNAH, GEORGIA

I was never optimistic. My mind was constantly filled with backup plans in case something didn't go according to plan. I had to be prepared. After all, I was a Maxwell. The number of people who were jealous of my family's fortune was impressive. From the beginning of my childhood, I've had girls throwing insults my way because they couldn't bare to see me living my life, the life I was given. But this, this was unlike anything I've ever encountered.

I knew the very second Anisa walked into our lives, that she was going to cause drama. But I would have never expected her to do something so cold and heartless.

In my entire 21 years, I had never felt the wind knocked out of my chest the way it just had been. My lips were dry and I couldn't speak—I couldn't move. There was a video of me having sex in the hands of the wrong girl? She started to get on my nerves, she was messing with the wrong fucking girl.

"How?" My voice was weak, I was still processing my emotions. Ricardo pressed his lips in a line, and slowly took a step away from me. The cool zephyr brushed against my skin and I crossed my arms to bring warmth to my body.

"Anisa never arrived in the morning. She arrived the night we were having sex in my living room, and that's when she took her video. She said she was so angry that she couldn't even look at me so she booked herself a hotel nearby,"

"Then she realized she could use it to her advantage," I whispered, running my hands through my dark hair. Ricardo looked into my eyes, his honey brown eyes replaced by darkness. "She wants me to go back to Spain with her. Said something about starting my father's legacy once again, and living the old life we had together,"

"What?" I asked, before shaking my head. My emotions were now all over the place, I had never expected this to happen. "But I don't want you to go back to Spain,"

He pulled me closer, and our lips connected for a small kiss. Our tongues danced gracefully and our bodies clashed under the moonlight. When we broke apart, our foreheads touched slightly.

"If it's the only way to protect you—," He whispered, his eyes holding mine. "Then I'll do it in a heartbeat,"

"There has to be another way," I whispered, before I smiled to myself. "My parents,"

"Fuck no,"

"My mom is an attorney and she deals with shit like this. My dad helps her on cases all the time. They can help us," I said but he only shook his head.

"I'm telling them,"

"Don't you think it's fucking inappropriate meeting your parents like this? How do you think this makes me look?" He said, placing his hands on the railing behind me, trapping me in between.