Eighteen

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
THE RULES OF SELINA
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

CHAPTER EIGHTEENTHE RULES OF SELINALOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

I woke up early the next morning. I didn't have to be at Rehearsal until 12, so I had a few hours to myself. After ordering some room service, I had a shower and brushed my teeth. I lotioned my skin and wrapped a robe around my body.

Breakfast arrived a few minutes later, and I sang a song by Ariana Grande while eating my waffles. "Tell me why you gotta look at me that way. You know what it does to me. So baby, what you tryna say,"

"Lately, all I want is you on top of me. You know where your hands should be. So baby, won't you come show me?"

"I got you, I got you dreamin'. You close your eyes and you're screamin'. Play with your mind for no reason. I know you love how I tease it. You know that I'm playin', so don't be mistaken. You already know what I'm thinkin', boy,"

After breakfast, I opened the balcony doors and walked out. Letting the breeze travel through my hair, I spot a familiar figure out on his balcony next to me. He drank a cup of coffee, his dark eyes trailing over the newspaper in his hand. Nothing was covering his body other than a towel wrapped around his waist.

His beautiful golden skin glistened under the sunlight. On his defined torso, there were quotes in Spanish that I didn't understand. Dozens of tattoos pained his arms, hands, and fingers, he looked like a canvas. My eyes caught something I never would have imagined seeing.

A small dove was tattooed on his chest, right next to his other tattoos. It was faint and small, but it was there.

On his torso, the numbers RF01 were branded into his skin, along with burn marks around it and I wondered how he got it. When I noticed there was a large diagonal scar from his waist to his shoulder, I pouted gently. 

Ricardo was full of secrets and that's what made him even more alluring. Suddenly, a small smirk made its way to my lips as an idea popped into my head. I wasn't done teasing him, in fact, I was just getting started.

"Oh, why'd you have to be so cute?" I continued singing the song. My voice sounded majestic with the birds chirping in the background. Ricardo lifted his head, and I moved my eyes away, pretending that I hadn't seen him.

"It's impossible to ignore you. Why must you make me laugh so much? It's bad enough we get along so well. Just say goodnight and go,"

Humming slightly, I let my hands trail down my body under his glare.

Finally, I unraveled my towel, letting it fall to the ground.

Here I was, standing on my balcony naked for the world to see, but I only cared about one man. My nipples perked against the cold adding to my burning desire—the desire for Ricardo.