Thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
THE RULES OF SELINA
SAVANNAH, GEORGIA

CHAPTER THIRTEEN THE RULES OF SELINASAVANNAH, GEORGIA

1 week later

The weather in the morning matched my mood—Rainy, blue and dark. I was the first to wake up, and it wasn't long until I found myself at the studio writing lyrics.  Thunder roared around me but my mind was only on the notepad in front of me. The music video I recorded with my team for the song Recipe of Hate had 802,793 views along with 13,829 comments. My career was slowly taking off and I didn't know if I was excited or scared.

I had read compliments about my voice and they always formed a smile on my face. But people had started writing hate about me. Constantly saying that my body was too this and too that, and they didn't think I deserved my new fame. They believed my parents had something to do with my sudden success, and I wasn't authentic. Even though I had dealt with insults from people all my life, the words hurt. I was just in a bad place right now and my view of myself wasn't in a positive light.

The incident with Ricardo didn't help either. For the last 7 days, I've been thinking deeply and hurting. Although he was never mine, it hurt to see him so interested in someone else the second he belittled me. Why wasn't I good enough? Why didn't he see me the way he saw her?

"So you know the schedule right? We have to finish This is not about Us by this week, and then you'll do Boyfriend with Doja next," I broke out of my trance, facing Tj and giving him a nod. My label has organized all of my collabs and that was the one thing that was bringing me happiness.

"This is what Rihanna sent us," He assured, clicking a button on one of the monitors. Shortly after, a piano began playing softly and Rihanna's Prayer sounded through the speakers.

"Heavenly Father, I am worthy and I am strong.

I will not allow myself to be treated poorly by any man.

I will not kneel for anyone and I will stand strong on my opinions,"

Lord, I thank you for all you've done, and everything that I've been through has only made me stronger.

Love is patient, love is kind," The piano pitches gradually increased, bringing even more depth to the Prayer.

"After I find myself, I will find the person that will make me even happier.

I pray that there will be no more life lessons, and this next relationship is the final one for me.

I speak this new relationship into existence and I know more blessings are coming my way.