Chapter XVII

At the Capital City Prison. Zuko walks through the halls and the guard is alerted to his presence.

The guard readies his spear, with it pointed directly at Zuko. "You again? Stop where you are!" The guard orders before Zuko raises his head, looking at the guard.

"Prince Zuko..." The guard breathes fearfully before Zuko grabs the guard by his collar and slams him against the wall.

"I'm going in for a visit. You're going to stand guard here, and no one is going to know about this." Zuko releases the guard, enters Iroh's cell, and approaches him.

"Uncle, it's me," Zuko speaks softly while Iroh, sitting on the floor, turns away from Zuko with a scowl on his face.

Zuko slides food into Iroh's cell as Iroh keeps his back to him. "I brought you some komodo chicken. I know you don't care for it, but I figure it beats prison food. I admit it, I have everything I always wanted, but it's not at all how I thought it would be. The truth is, I need your advice." Zuko explains quietly as he waits for his uncle's response, only to be met with nothing.

"I'm losing my mind, Uncle. I don't remember the past three years of my life!" Zuko tries again, though Iroh does not respond.

"Please, Uncle, I'm so confused I need your help," Zuko begs desperately, though Iroh still has nothing to say to him.

"Forget it, I'll solve it myself! Just as I always do!" Zuko shouts angrily as he stands and walks to the door before he glances back before leaving, and a tear slides down Iroh's face.

Later, Zuko stands in the training yard, practicing his stances with his broad swords while Azula walks into the training area with her hands crossed behind her back.

Azula clears her throat to catch Zuko's attention, though the man only continues to practice with his swords.

"Zuko, could I have a word with you?" Azula questions loudly while Zuko flinches and returns to reality as he turns to face Azula with a tired and annoyed expression.

"I'm a little busy right now," Zuko mutters as he reenters his stance before Azula walks forward and kicks his feet out from underneath him, causing Zuko to shout as he falls to the ground with a thud. Only to wheeze when Azula drapes herself across his stomach, lying on her back.

"Why must you do this? Are we not too old for this?" Zuko groans while Azula smirks and slides off of her brother's stomach, sitting next to his side on the ground while Zuko stays on his back.

"So, I've heard you've been to visit your uncle fatso in the prison tower," Azula states coolly while Zuko sits up quickly with an angered expression.

"That guard told you!" Zuko shouts while Azula turns her head to look at her brother with a smirk.

"No. You did. Just now." Azula states knowingly while Zuko looks surprised for a moment before he sighs and lays back down.

"Okay, you caught me. What is it that you want, Azula?" Zuko questions while Azula looks down at her brother with almost a sympathetic expression.

"Actually, nothing. Believe it or not, I'm looking out for you. If people find out you've been to see Uncle, they'll think you're plotting with him. Just be careful, Zuzu." Azula commands while Zuko looks at his sister sadly before he sits up and nods to her.

"I will Azula, don't worry," Zuko reassures while Azula side-eyes her brother before she huffs and stands, grabbing Zuko's arm and pulling him up with her.

"Come on idiot. I'm hungry, and I want you to make the food." Azula commands while Zuko chuckles as he allows his sister to drag him away from the training grounds, his swords left discarded on the ground.