Chapter XI

Sokka is drawing inaccurate pictures of Appa for missing posters. Katara and Aang enter.

"We found a printer to make our posters!" Katara cheers as she reveals the poster and Aang smiles and points at it.

"Hey, I thought designing the lost Appa poster was my job. I've been working all day on my Appa!" Sokka pouts as he shows his crudely drawn picture of Appa with a proud smile. While Aang looks exasperated, Katara tries to hold back her laughter.

"Sokka, the arrow is on Appa's head." Aang states.

"This is his head." Sokka groans dismayed as he points to the sketch.

Katara takes the picture from Sokka and looks confusedly at the sketch. "Why are feet coming out of it?" The Beta questioned.

Sokka snatches back the picture indignantly. "Those are his horns." Sokka grunts as he hangs his head.

"I haven't seen him in a while, okay?" Sokka sighs,

"It looks just like him to me!" Toph mocks.

"Thank you, I worked really-." Sokka starts, only to suddenly remember that she is blind.

"Why do you feel the need to do that?" Sokka groans while Zuko goes to sit next to him as he pats his boyfriend's shoulder, though Sokka only hangs his head once more.

"Let's just stick with the professional version." Katara shrugs while Sokka angrily rips up his drawing.

"Come on, let's get busy!" Aang cheers excitedly as he holds up some pamphlets.

Aang and Momo dropped dozens of posters all over Ba Sing Se. Back at the house. Sokka and Katara are playing a game. Toph is just relaxing, laying on Zuko's lap while the man naps, leaning against the wall as Aang re-enters.

"I just finished dropping all the leaflets. Has anyone come in with news about Appa?" Aang questioned.

"It's only been a day. Just be patient." Katara states as Aang sits, unenthused. A knock at the door and Aang jumps up and runs to the door.

"Wow, you're right! Patience really pays off!" Aang cheers as he opens the door, revealing the "original" Joo Dee has returned.

"Joo Dee?" Aang questions.

"Hello, Aang, and Katara, and Sokka, and Zuko, and Toph." Joo Dee smiles.

"What happened to you? Did the Dai Li throw you in jail?" Sokka questioned as they approached the woman as she entered.

"What? Jail? Of course not. The Dai Li are the protectors of our cultural heritage." Joo Dee states.

"But you disappeared at the Earth King's party." Toph huffs as she sits up from Zuko's lap, causing the Omega to startle awake, only to stiffen at the sight of the woman.

"Oh, I simply took a short vacation to Lake Laogai, out in the country. It was quite relaxing." Joo Dee smiles as Sokka glares at her skeptically.

"But then they replaced you with some other woman who also said her name was Joo Dee." Katara retorted.

"I'm Joo Dee." Joo Dee states surprised.

"Why are you here?" Aang questions.

"Dropping fliers and putting up posters isn't permitted within the city. Not without proper clearance." Joo Dee states.

"We can't wait around to get permission for everything," Sokka growls.

"You are absolutely forbidden by the rules of the city to continue putting up posters." Joo Dee smiles widely.