Chapter V

A gray sky creates an eerie setting over the Southern Air Temple where Aang is caught in a dream.

The Alpha is running about the Southern Air Temple. He comes across the room where he had found Monk Gyatso's skeleton in real life and instead sees his own self in the Avatar State. The personage of himself turns to glare at him angrily while Aang looks at the persona horrified.

Winds blow past him as Aang then saw Sokka, Zuko, and Katara huddled behind a rock, watching the Avatar State Aang as he sent a forceful gust of wind that blows the real Aang back. The Alpha falls into the room in the Fire Temple he had visited to speak to Roku. The doors to the room open and reveal the personage of Aang in the Avatar State, who breathes fire and splits the floor in half.

The real Aang fell through and landed on a Fire Navy ship in the Northern seas. The monstrous koi fish, called Koizilla, created when he and La had fused together during the Siege of the North appears before him, the personage of him inside. The Kozilla made a downward cutting motion, and the personage does the same before a blinding white appears and the dream ends.

Aang awakes from it and leaves the room where the gang is sleeping, exiting through a stairway. Katara awakened and caught sight of him leaving.

"Aang..." Katara speaks softly as she finds Aang standing by the ledge of the Water Tribe ship that they had been sailing on for the past three weeks.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Katara questioned while Aang shook his head.

"Nah, just a nightmare. I was in the Avatar State, but I was outside my body watching myself. It was scary. I was scary." Aang sighed as he closed his eyes and bowed his head; Katara put her hand on his shoulder.

At daybreak. Pakku is on the ship with two Water Tribe members and the gang. "Katara, I want you to have this. This amulet contains water from the Spirit Oasis. The water has unique properties. Don't lose it." Pakku ordered as he handed Katara a small flask that was attached to a chain to be worn as a necklace.

"Thank you, Master Pakku." Katara thanks as she accepts the amulet.

"Aang, these scrolls will help you master water bending. But remember, they're no substitute for a real master." Pakku stated as he handed the avatar a few water-bending scrolls while Aang looked up at Katara who was already seated in the saddle on top of Appa.

"Zuko, I trust that you will be a fine mentor for the avatar along with Katara?" Pakku questioned.

"Of course," Zuko replied as he bowed his head respectfully, Pakku doing the same.

"Sokka... take care, son." Pakku pats the man's shoulder while Sokka nodded as he joined the group on Appa.

"Fly straight to the Earth Kingdom base to the east of here. General Fong will provide you with an escort to Omashu. There, you will be safe to begin your earthbending training with King Bumi." Pakku commands as he points in the direction of the Earth Kingdom base.

"Appa, yip yip!" Aang commands as Appa groans and flies into the air.

"Say hi to Gran-Gran for me!" Katara shouts as the Water Tribe boat slowly fades from view.

-------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile on a Fire Nation ship. Several men bow as a royal carriage is brought out. Within the carriage is Princess Azula.

The Alpha steps out of the carriage with her hands crossed behind her back as she walks forward and turns to address the crew. "My uncle has disgraced the Fire Lord and has disgraced all of us. And my brother has been spotted for the first time in years, but he is not who you are after. You might have mixed feelings about attacking members of the Royal Family. Especially my uncle who was an esteemed general for quite some time, I understand. But I assure you, if you hesitate on bringing him down, I will not hesitate to bring you down alongside him. Dismissed." Azula commanded while the soldiers leave. The captain runs up to Azula.