4.13 𝖯𝖨𝖳𝖸 𝖯𝖠𝖱𝖳𝖸

Start from the beginning

"Just drive," Isaac shook his head, a smile on his face, as he pulled away and she started the car. 

"You should know something," Isaac sighed from the passenger seat and Olive gave him a quick glance before looking back at the road. 

"I don't like that tone," She raises an eyebrow over at him and he just sighs.

"Last night something happened," Isaac started, but hesitated mid-sentence as if he were deciding if he should really tell her. 

"Isaac, I'm gonna find out either way. So it's your decision to tell me or let me be mad at you when I find out," She looks over at him and he chuckles lightly before shaking his head.

"Okay," He adjusts himself in his seat and looks over at her. "Last night someone tried to set Parrish on fire but he came back. He's supernatural, we just don't know what he is. We took him to Derek's and-"

"You took him to Derek's?" She looked over at him again and Isaac nodded slowly. "Okay continue."

"He didn't know either. But he had a gun in his apartment," Isaac shrugged, sitting back in his seat and Olive furrowed her brows, looking over at him.

"Why are you telling me this?" Olive tilted her head slightly and Isaac sighed, shifting his weight slightly, his long legs not able to find a comfortable fit in the passenger seat.

"You asked! Plus I thought you'd wanna know, since it's Derek," He shook his head, looking over at her and Olive sighed.

"Okay, cool," She nodded, turned the car off, and moved to take her seatbelt off.

"That's it?" Isaac rose an eyebrow, earning her attention. "Just 'cool,' Derek had a gun in his apartment despite hating guns for pretty much the entire time we've known him and all you have to say about it is 'cool'?"

"Were you expecting me to freak out?" She shook her head with raised eyebrows and Isaac sighed again.

"No, I was just expecting more questions," Isaac kept his gaze on her and Olive nodded, finally understanding what this was about.

"Isaac, sweet, sweet Isaac, if you are suggesting that I am worried about Derek's well-being then you are incorrect. I don't care. He wanted to shut me out, I'm out, I don't care. I do not care," Olive rambled for a bit before ending her tangent with a smack to the steering wheel. Isaac, who saw right through her, nodded his head as he grabbed his bag from his feet.

"I do not believe you," He looked over at her, mocking her tone and she narrowed her eyes at him. "You can't just be okay with Derek basically throwing you to the streets after everything you two have been through. I mean, he's your favorite person, which took a minute for me to come to grips with, but I have. Plus, I know you, possibly better than you know yourself, and I know for a fact that you miss him. And from the looks of him last night he misses you too. Just go over there. It's your birthday, whether you want to acknowledge it or not, and I bet he'd be willing to put all martyr-self righteous feelings aside just to talk to you."

Olive looked at him with an unreadable glance and Isaac thought he'd overstepped for a second. Maybe it was too soon for him to be too real with her. Was she still upset? Did he misread her letting him back in? 

"I didn't know you had that in you," She sat back, a mildly impressed expression gracing her face and Isaac took a mental sigh of relief. 

"I am nothing if not a voice of reason," Isaac shrugged, letting the comment go to his head. Olive rolled her eyes, reaching behind her to grab her own bag and the two entered the school.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

They made their way to their lockers and grabbed their things before heading to the locker rooms to get ready for a meeting Coach had called before school. With the bonfire tonight, it's no surprise that Coach called a meeting in an attempt to ask the members of the team to take it easy tonight, but everyone, Coach included, knew it was never going to work.