4.13 𝖯𝖨𝖳𝖸 𝖯𝖠𝖱𝖳𝖸

Start from the beginning

"Okay, yours is so much better than mine," Isaac scoffs, sort of pouting as he leans back in his chair. 

"It's the thought that counts," Olive tries to appease him but Isaac just rolls his eyes.

"That's what you say when you hate the gift," Isaac deadpanned and Olive just laughed, shaking her head as she moved to Argent's gift, which was an envelope with a hundred dollars in it.

"I took the practical approach," He shrugged and Olive nodded, still laughing as she shoved it into her pocket. 

"Well, this has been lovely but we do have to get to school," Olive offered, gathering the rest of her gifts to take them to her room before heading out the door. "I'll meet you in the car, Isaac."

Isaac nodded as he grabbed his backpack and followed Allison out the door. Olive struggled to get the bear into her room and she finally ended up just tossing it on her bed. As she began to exit the room, a voice stopped her.

"Hey, Olly, can you wait a second?" Argent met her in the hallway and she nodded, following him into the living room and sitting on the couch. "I've got one more thing for you."

"Trust me, the cash was enough-"

"It's not from me," He stopped her, pulling out a small gift-wrapped box from his coat pocket. She furrowed her eyebrows, taking it from him and unwrapping it to find an old jewelry store box, her heart sank as she opened it. In it, there was a golden necklace with an oval pendant. A locket. It was her mother's necklace. She took a deep breath as she opened it to reveal the pictures she'd picked with her father. "Your mother planned on giving this to you today. She even wrote down a speech and practiced it on me, it was so funny to me in the moment but I never thought she wouldn't-" He stops himself, sucking in a breath and shaking his head. He fumbled for something in his other pocket and handed it to her. A folded piece of her mother's stationery. "I have it, the speech. You should read it. You don't have to now, but I think you should."

Olive nodded, teary-eyed as she took it from him and took the necklace out of its packaging. She let a few tears fall as she held it in her hands. She didn't know how it was possible, but it still smelled like her mother.

"Can I?" Argent gestured to the necklace and Olive nodded, allowing him to clasp it behind her neck as she held her hair. Another tear falls down Olive's cheek as she turns around to look at him. He smiles at her, wiping it from her face. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you," She grins and Argent brushes her off like it's nothing as he pulls her into a hug.

"I miss her too, ya know," He says, chin resting on top of her head. "Every day, I miss her."

"Me too," Olive says, her voice muffled in his chest. "Me too."

"Okay, go to school before you get us both crying," He pulls away from the hug, sniffing slightly as he shakes his arms, brushing it off. 

"Thanks again," She nods. "Not just for the compliment, but for all this. I appreciate it."

"You're welcome," He smiles at her, patting her on the shoulder. "Now go!" 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

As Olive reached the car Isaac was already inside. She opened the driver's side door and reached for her seatbelt wordlessly, tears still evident in her eyes. 

"He gave you the necklace, didn't he?" Isaac sighed, staring at her and she nodded. "I told him to wait, I knew you'd cry."

"Okay, asshole," She looked over at him with furrowed eyebrows, and Isaac shook his head and pulled her into a hug, placing a kiss on top of her head. "That's a little better."