Chapter 60

Previously on Chapter 59

"I'm sorry, Zuko... I'm still not ready for that" I said. I can hear a soft sigh. I feel my body being embraced from behind. He places his head on my shoulder. "I understand... no matter how long it'll take,

I'll wait for you...

-Back To Traveling-

Y/N P.O.V

We are rudely awakens by a loud explosion. I jump awake and quickly grabs my glider. I turn my head to the source to see Fire Nation airship. Everyone else are also alerted.

I use my air-bending to the upcoming bomb, sending it away from us. "Everyone! We need to leave!" I yell out. We quickly get everything we can gather. I turn my head and notice Zuko stalling. He turns his head and notices Katara about to get hit by the falling remains of the roof.

"Watch out!" Zuko yelled out, quickly pushing her out of the way. I rush towards her as she push Zuko away angrily. I offer my hand to her. She grabs my hand, I pull her to her feet.

"Come on! We can get out through here!" Toph yell out. We quickly follows her. I turn my head and see Zuko still standing where he is. "Zuko! What are you doing! We have to go!" I yelled out.

"Go ahead! I'll hold them off. I think this is a family visit" he said. He runs forward, facing the airship. My eyes widened in horror. "Zuko! Stop!!" I yelled. Aang quickly grabs my wrist.

"Come on! We've gotta get out of here!" Sokka said. I turn my head to look at Aang. He's stares at me with a pleading look. He quickly pulls me to follow him. I turn my head to look at Zuko. I just turn around and keep up with Aang's pace.

We stop in front of the tunnel. But Appa hates it. No matter how hard we try to get him to enter it, he just refuses. I think he's traumatized because the last time we went inside one... we got stuck.

"I can't get him to go in there! Appa hates tunnels!" Aang said. I let out a sigh and turn around, making sure we're not being followed. "Aang, there's no way we can fly out of here" Katara said.

"We'll have to find a way!" Aang said. Sokka who's been silent the whole time. "We need to split up. Take the tunnel and get to the stolen airship" he said. "No!" Katara is quick to disagree as she walks towards her father.

"The Fire Nation can't separate our family again!" She said. She looks upset, angry and sad. "It'll be okay. It's not forever" he said. Katara hesitated for a bit, and hugs her dad.

"I can clear that away and we can fly out through there!" Toph said. "Um, there's an awful lot of fire in that general direction..." Sokka said. Aang just give him a confident look.

"We'll get through. Let's go" he said. I just nod my head at what he said. I should be a lot stronger than I was before. We can get through this if we all work together.

We get on top of Appa's back. Aang and Toph bend the earth to act as a shield. I just stand on battle stance in case there's an attack, while Sokka stirs Appa's movement.

Zuko who's been fighting his sister, finally joins us. He turns to look at Azula who's falling from the high ground. "She's not gonna make it..." he said. I watch as Azula uses her fire-bending to propel herself to the rock wall behind her.

"Of course she did" Zuko said. He turns to look at the rest of us. I quickly move towards him, wrapping my arms around his neck. He froze at my action. But he relaxes and hugs me back.

I pull away and slap his cheek. He wince and holds his cheek, turning to look at me in shock. "You're an idiot, Zuko. What if something happened to you?" I scold him.

"I'm sorry..." he said. I just give him a small smile and hugs him again. He hugs me back, running his hand through my hair. I close my eyes as I bury my face into the crook of his neck.

***

It's now night time, we have set camp for the night. I sit down in between Zuko and Aang. It's been quite a long time since we last camp in the open place.

"Wow, camping... it really seems like old times again, doesn't it?" Aang said, breaking the silence. " If you really want it to feel like old times, I could, uh... chase you around a while and try to capture you" Zuko said, jokingly. I roll my eyes at what he said. I gently punch his shoulder with a chuckle.

"Ha ha..." Katara said, sarcastically. I turn to look at her. I understand why she's having a hard time to accept Zuko among us. Something probably happen to her when she was younger.

"To Zuko! Who knew after all those times he tried to snuff us out, today he'd be our hero?" Sokka said, as he raises his cup. "Hear! Hear!" We said altogether, except for Katara. I gently nudge his shoulder as Toph gently punch him.

"I'm touched. I don't deserve this" he said. Katara let out a scoff at what he said. "Yeah, no kidding" she said, in a harsh voice. She gets up and walks away. I turn my head to look at her, as she walks away.

"What's with her?" Sokka said. I turn to look at him. "Shouldn't you know? You're her brother..." I said. I stand up and follows Katara. She stands along by the overlooking cliff.

"Katara..." I said. She turns her head to look at me. I can sense sadness radiating from her. "Y/N..." she said. I frown and make my way over to her. I gently wrap my arms around her. She gently holds my arm as she leans her head on my shoulder.

"Something happened to you when you were a kid, right? I'm guessing... something to do with your mom" I said. I can feel her body starts trembling. I pull away slightly to see tears falling from her eyes. I give her a sad smile as I pull her into a hug. She hugs me back, burying her face into my shoulder. I gently rubs her back, trying my best to calm her down.

"How can you forgive him so easily?" She said, after she calmed down. I pull away and gives her a small smile. "All hatred we've ever felt... in the end it's all just anger and sadness. I have to make peace with my mind if I want to keep on living forward. Which is why... I forgave him..." I said. She just stares at me.

"Do you... still love him?" She asked. I just turn my head away from her. I stare into the distance as I repeat her question inside my mind. I start to ask myself the same question.

Do I still love Zuko?

*to be continued*