Chapter 12

Previously on Chapter 11

I choke out a sob as my friends circles around me. They stare at me worriedly, wondering what's going on. Tears starts to stream down my cheeks. I let out a choked sob as I turn to focus on my brother. "A-Aang... my b-bending...

They're gone...

-A New Way-

Y/N P.O.V

"My bending. They're gone!!" I yelled, in panic. I stand up and start walking back and forth. "Y/N. Calm down... hey!" Aang said. He grabs me by my shoulders and turns me to face him.

"What do you mean they're gone?" He said. "Gone, Aang! They're gone!" I said. I pull away from him and turn around to bend the air, water and earth. But nothing happened. I turn to look at Aang again, who stares at me in disbelief.

"See? Gone!! My bending are gone!" I said. Tears starts to stream down my cheeks. "I can't bend the elements anymore!" I yelled. Aang pulls me into a tight hug.

"Shh... maybe they're not gone. I'm sure they'll come back" he said, running his hand through my hair. I just clutch his shirt as I start to cry harder. How will I get by? I can't do anything now.

***

We are now at a restaurant. I sit next to Aang, who is sitting next to Katara. I'm still pretty shaken up by the fact that my bending are gone. But I'm calmer than last night.

"These people have no idea how close they were to getting toasted last night" Aang said. "Yeah, the worst thing about being in disguise is that we don't get the hero worship anymore. I miss the love" Toph said.

"Boo-hoo... poor heroes..." Sokka said. I turn to look at him, who's sitting further away from us. "What's your problem? You haven't even touched your smoked sea slug" Katara said.

"It's just, all you guys can do this awesome bending stuff like putting out forest fires, and flying around and making other stuff fly around. I can't fly around, okay? I can't do anything" he said. My heart tightens because I finally understands what he feels.

"That's not true. No one can read a map like you" Katara said. "I can't read at all!" Toph said. "Yeah, and who keeps us laughing with sarcastic comments all the time? I mean, look at Katara's hair, right? What's up with that?" Aang said. I hit my face at his last comment.

"What? What's wrong with my hair?" Katara said. She blushes as she looks around timidly. "Nothing. I was just trying to..." Aang said. "Aang... You're such an idiot sometimes. You know that, right brother?" I said, rolling my eyes while crossing my arms.

I stand up and walk over to Sokka. "Now that my bending are gone... I kind of understand what Sokka is feeling. He always watched us when we use all of your bending. Well... what I used to do. Now I can't do that anymore" I said. I turn and sit next to Sokka. I pat his shoulder softly.

"So I know what you feel now, buddy" I said. He just give me a small smile. He turns to look at the others. "Look, I appreciate the effort, but the fact is each of you is so amazing and so special and I'm ... not. I'm just the guy in the group who's regular" he said. "Not the only one... I'm a regular too..." I said. He turns to look at me.

"They'll come back, Y/N... don't worry" he said. I just give him a small smile. Katara walks over to us and sits down next to Sokka. "I'm sorry you're feeling so down, but I hope you know, none of us see you that way. And Y/N too... I believe your bending will come back. Oh, I know something that's going to make you both feel better" she said. "You do?" Sokka said. I just stare at her, wondering what she have in mind.

***

We ended up in a store full of armors and weapons. Sokka claps his hands. "Shopping!!" He said. He run forward. I shake my head and walk further inside. I just watch as Sokka runs around the shop to try some weapon.

"How about these?" He said, holding up a nunchaku. "I don't know..." I said. He starts to swing it around. But in the end, he hits his head. He stumbles from the impact, which knocks out some weapon. I let out a laugh at the sight.

"What do you think?" My brother said. I turn my head to see him on full body armor. "What is that?" I said, staring at him in shock. "Pretty slick, huh?" He said.

"No, you look weird. How do you even move in that thing?" I said. He turns to look at me. "Oh lighten up, sis... All I need to complete the outfit is a wind sword" he said. "What's a wind sword?" Katara said. "It's where I get a sword handle and then I just swing this around and bend air out like a blade. Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh" he said.

"Yeah... nice..." Katara said. Aang starts to fall. "Oh no!" I said. I cover my ear as he falls, creating a loud sound. "I'll just stick to what I got..." he said, after a few seconds of silence. I let out a giggle and help him get out of the armor.

I turn to look at Sokka and laugh. He's trying several weapons, but each one ended up in him acting quite silly. He sulks after he can't seem to find the right one.

He turns his head to the side and his eyes lit up. "Ooh!" He said. He rushes towards a certain way. I follow him and stands next to him. I realize he's staring at a sword. "That's what Sokka's talking about" he said, happily.

"You have a good eye. That's an original from Piandao, the greatest swordsmaster and sword maker in Fire Nation history. He lives in the big castle up the road from here" the shopkeeper said. He turns around and walks away once he finished talking.

"That's it! That's what you needed all along, Sokka" Aang said. Sokka turns to look at him. "A sword?" He said, in a questioning tone. "Not the sword, a master. We've all had masters to help us get better. You should see if you can study with Piandao" he said. Sokka picks up the sword.

"That's a great idea. I could've never gotten to where I am without Master Pakku" Katara said. I grin and nod my head, agreeing with them. "Yeah. Everyone needs a teacher" I said. "I learned from badgermoles. They don't talk, but they're still good teachers" Toph said.

"It would be nice to be a master sword fighter. All right, I'll talk to him. Maybe you should too, Y/N. You need a way to defend yourself. At least, until your bending comes back" he said, turning to look at me. "Yeah... I guess I do need a new way to fight" I said, nodding my head. I turn my head and spot a twin swords. I walk towards it and pick them up. A flash of image comes in my head.

'Zuko

'Zuko...' I thought to myself. I clench the handles in a tight fist. The only person I know to master the art of dual swords was Zuko. The same man who broke my heart and trust. I have to remember the pain. I give myself a nod, deciding on choosing dual swords as my choice of weapons.

"You're choosing dual swords?" Aang said. I turn to look at him and nod my head. "Yeah..." I said. "But..." he said, looking at me worriedly. He knows what I think about.

I nod my head and smile at him. "Yeah... I know, big brother. That is the reason why I chose it. To remind myself of the pain. But don't worry... I'm going to be fine. These will have to do until my bending comes back" I said.

If they ever comes back

*to be continued*