Chapter 44

Previously on Chapter 43

I give him a cold gaze, as he stares at me. His eyes held both sadness and regret. For a second, my gaze soften. But I shake my head. I'm not going to forgive him... not that easily.

-A Chance-

Y/N P.O.V

After staring at each other for a while, I finally look away. The more I stare at him... the more emotion came back. I keep having conflict with myself ever since he betrayed me. I felt all sort of emotion that it made a storm inside my heart.

"I'm sorry for what I did to you" Zuko said, turning to look at Toph. I cross my arms in front of my chest. "It was an accident. Fire can be dangerous and wild, so as a fire-bender, I need to be more careful and control my bending, so I don't hurt people unintentionally" he said. I turn my head to look at my brother. I know he can relate to what Zuko said.

"I think you are supposed to be my fire-bending teacher. When I first tried to learn fire-bending, I burned Katara, and after that, I never wanted to fire-bend again. But now I know you understand how easy it is to hurt the people you love. I'd like you to teach me" he said.

"Thank you. I'm so happy you've accepted me into your group" Zuko said. "Not so fast. I still have to ask my friends and sister if it's okay with them..." Aang said. He turns to look at us.

"Toph, you're the one that Zuko burned. What do you think?" He said, looking at Toph. "Go ahead and let him join. It'll give me plenty of time to get back at him for burning my feet" she said. I just give a small smile at her response.

"Sokka?" Aang said, turning to look at him. "Hey, all I want is to defeat the Fire Lord. If you think this is the way to do it, then, I'm all for it" he said, while shrugging.

"Katara?" He said, walking towards her. Katara glares at Zuko for a moment. "I'll go along with whatever you think is right. It's Y/N who should decide. After all, out of all of us... she's the one that got hurt the most" she said, turning to look at me. Everyone turns their heads to look at me after she said that. I look at them back and forth. I turn to look at Zuko.

I glare at him. "Y/N... please give me a chance. I'll make it up to you. You're the one who believed that I have good in me" he said. I stay silent for a while. He just stare at me pleadingly.

"That was before you hurt me. I get that hurting me was easy for you because we are on different paths. But your uncle... he loves you. He was always there for you. But you betrayed him like he was nothing. So I'm not really surprise that you'd broke my heart. After all, I'm nobody to you, right!" I spat, glaring angrily at him. He shakes his head as his tears streams down his cheeks, as tears starts to build up in my eyes.

"No, Y/N... I was hurting too. After I hurt uncle... after I hurt you. The regret kept on haunting me. I love you, Y/N... I'm so sorry for everything" he said. He drops down to his knees in front of me with his head down. I can see something streaming down his cheeks.

"It's not that easy, Zuko... you broke me. You broke my trust. I gave you love... but you broke my heart. After everything you said. You promised that you'd make things work for us. You promised that you'd try your best to change. But when it comes to the point for you to choose... you chose her side! If only you chose our side. We wouldn't be in this mess!" I said, raising my voice in every words to the point that I'm yelling at him. He lowers his head even more at what I said.

I feel tears slowly stream down my cheeks as the pain in my heart became too much for me to hold. Aang wraps his arm around my shoulder, as an attempt to comfort me.

"I know, Y/N... I know. That why the regret haunts me..." he said, looking up at me with tears falling from his eyes.

"If only you helped us fight Azula, she won't have a chance to hurt Aang! He nearly died! No... he did died. But I brought him back to life! I gave him my spiritual energy to strengthen his, which took up a lot. I ended up being in a coma for a while! But when I woke up... I realize that I've lost my bending" I said. His eyes widened in shock at what I said.

"W-What?" He said. "Yes... I LOST my bending. All because you... are too blind to see who truly cares for you! Instead... you still chose your father when you knew what kind of a man he is!" I said. His head fall again.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... please... g-give me a c-chance" he said, pleadingly. I turn my head away from him. I turn to look at Aang. Even though my bending is gone. Aang still needs to learn fire-bending. If he can't master it... we won't be able to end the war.

I let out a sigh. I turn to look at Zuko, as he still stares at me with pleading gaze. "Fine... you can join us..." I said. I can see his eyes lit up at what I said. He stands up and walks towards me. I take a few steps back, not wanting him to be any closer.

"I'm only doing this for Aang. He needs to learn how to fire-bend. So don't get any idea. My feelings for you is long gone..." I said, coldly. I can see his face falls at what I said. I roll my eyes at his reaction. I turn around and walks away, without saying another word to him or the others.

Zuko P.O.V

"My feelings for you is long gone..." she said. She turns around and walks away without saying a thing. I just watch in silence as she walks away from us.

I never actually realized how much I've hurt you, Y/N. But seeing you here right now in front of me. I finally realize what I've done. You're hurt badly. I did this to you. I hurt you... not just physically, but I also broke your heart and trust.

I regret so much, Y/N. I won't give up. I'm going to keep begging for you to forgive me. I'll do everything I can to make it right for you. I'll do everything to win your trust and heart again, because you mean the world to me.

*to be continued*