Chapter 29

Previously on Chapter 28

"Y/N... are you okay?" Sokka said. I turn to look at him, but my sight are blurry. I start to sway a little. Sokka rushes forward and catches me in his arms. "Y/N!" I hear Aang's voice. But that's the last thing I hear, then everything went black.

-Aang's Nightmares and Daydreams-

Y/N P.O.V

I open my eyes and realize I'm laying against a rock. I let out a soft groan as I place my hand on my head. I sit straighter as I try to ease the pain in my head.

"Easy there... you just woke up..." someone said. I turn my head to see my brother. "Aang" I said. He nods his head. "Are you feeling okay?" He said. "I guess... aside from feeling a bit dizzy..." I said. He just smiles softly and caress my head.

"What was that, Y/N?" I hear someone said. I turn my head to see Sokka. "What was what?" I asked, staring at him in confusion. "What did you do to that crazy lady? For a second... you did something that made her stood frozen" he said. I close my eyes as I try to remember what happened.

Flashback

"Don't hurt your friends, Katara! And don't let them hurt each other!" Hama said. She moves her arms and they rushes towards each other. "No!!" I yelled. I lift my hand and she instantly stops.

Hama stands frozen as she stares at me in shock. I gasp in shock at what is happening. I drop my hand which makes Hama able to move. I stare at my hand, not knowing what just happened.

End of Flashback

I open my eyes and shakes my head. "I... I-I'm n-not sure" I said. I let out a groan as my head starts to hurt even more. Katara walks towards me and gently bends some water to my head. I start to relax as her bending ease the pain a little.

"Better?" She said. I nod my head, closing my eyes. "Much better... thanks, Katara..." I said. She pulls the water away from my head and smiles softly at me.

"You need to rest..." Aang said. I just nod my head. I can hear a sound. I turn my head to see a bunch of koala sheep. I raise an eyebrow at the sight of them.

"Where are we?" I asked. I turn my head to look at the others. "This is the official rendezvous point for the invasion force" Sokka said. I let out a hum and nod my head.

"How did you pick this place?" Toph said. "Before we split up, my dad and I found this island on the map. It's uninhabited, and the harbors surrounded by the cliffs seemed like the perfect secluded place" Sokka said.

"Nice choice, Sokka. And we're here four days ahead of schedule" Katara said. Aang turns to look at her in shock. "Wait! Four days? The invasion's in four days?" He said. I can hear the panic in his voice.

"Whatever. That's like four days from now. Let's just calm down and-" Sokka said. But before he could even finish his sentence, he already snoozed off. I raise an eyebrow at him. That guy can fall asleep so fast.

"Sokka's got the right idea, Aang. We're here. We're ready. The best thing we can do now is get plenty of rest" Katara said. Aang nods his head. "I guess..." he said. I just look at them back and forth. Katara turns to look at me and notice me still staying awake.

"Get some sleep, Y/N..." Katara said. I let out a sigh. I nod my head and lay down. I close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

***

I can hear gasp, which wakes me up in the process. I open my eyes and turn my head to see Aang. He's touching his pants and sighs.

"What's up with you?" I asked. He jumps at my voice and turns to look at me. "N-Nothing... I just have a nightmare" he said. He stands up and starts to walk away. I furrow my eyebrow and stands up. I start to follow him.

"Where do you think you're going?" I asked. He turn his head to look at me. "I better keep training..." he said. I stare at him worriedly. I wonder what's on his dream. He seemed pretty shaken up by it.

I sit down at the rock and stare at the sky. The stars is out tonight, decorating the sky with their beautiful sparkling lights. The night seems so peaceful... like there wasn't any war going on among us.

"Hey. What are you doing up?" Someone said. I turn my head to see Katara. "I've been up for a while. I'm worried about Aang..." I said. She stares at me with a confused look. I stand up and grabs her hand. I start to lead her to where Aang went to.

"Look..." I said, pointing at my brother. He's banging his fists against a tree. Katara turns to look at where I'm pointing and notices Aang.

"What's he doing?" She said. "He said he needs to keep training... I think the news of the invasion plan that is within 4 days makes him anxious" I said. She lets out a sigh and walks up to her.

"Hey. How long have you been up?" She said. Aang keeps on punching the tree. "A couple hours. I got a lot more skills to refine if I'm gonna fight Ozai" he said.

After a while, he finally stops and pants heavily. "You know, there is such a thing as over-training" Katara said. I walk over to him and nods my head. "It's not good for your health, Aang... you need to be in your very best shape if you want to face Ozai..." I said.

Aang hits the tree one more time. But a vibration is sent back to him. This cause his whole body to start vibrating, until he falls on the ground. The leaves of the tree landed on him.

I turn my head slightly and notice Sokka and Toph. I turn to look at Aang who comes out from under the pile of leaves.

"You don't get it, do you? My form is bad, I'm sloppy, and I still don't know any firebending. Not even the basics" he said. I notice his eye twitching a little. I let out a sigh. He always does this when he feels intense anxiety. He quickly bows at us and speeds off with an air-scooter.

Katara turns to look at me. "Does this ever happened before?" She asked. I nod my head. "Yeah... but I think it's just for tonight. Just let him be until he calms down on his own. If we try something... he's going to snap at us" I said. They nod their heads at what I said.

Goodness... at times where we need to gather our stamina, Aang ended up having anxiety attack. I sure hope that he'll be okay. Especially since he's the one that will be facing Ozai. I can't do much because my bending still haven't returned. But I can't help but wonder... what happened with Hama? How did I do that??

*to be continued*