Chapter 41

Previously on Chapter 40

"We're here, sis. You will be able to have a proper rest. I'm sorry that I kept on failing at protecting you. I'm such a bad brother..." I said. I place a soft kiss on the side of her head. Please be okay, Y/N...

-Uninvited Visitor-

Aang P.O.V

"It's so different from the Northern Air Temple. I wonder if there are any secret rooms" Teo said. "Let's go check it out!" Haru said, already running off to check out this place. Teo and The Duke follows him. I try to follow along, but Katara stops me.

"You guys go. I think we need to talk about some things" she said. "I'll race you, Duke" Teo said. The Duke frowns at what he said. "I told you, it's The Duke" he said, but he chases after them anyway. I turn to look at Katara.

"Why can't I go?" I said. "We need to decide what we're gonna do now, and since you're the Avatar, maybe you should be a part of this. Also, do not forget we still need to look after your sister..." she said, gesturing towards Y/N who's laying on Sokka's lap. I let out a sigh and take a seat on a rock.

"Fair enough. So, what's the new plan?" I said. Sokka turns to look at me. "Well, if you ask me, the new plan is the old plan! You just need to master all four elements and confront the Fire Lord before the comet comes" he said. I roll my eyes at what he said. "Oh, yeah. That's great, no problem. I'll just do that" I said, sarcastically.

"Aang, no one said it's going to be easy" Katara said, trying to make me understand. "Well, it's not even gonna be possible! Where am I supposed to get a firebending teacher?" I said, as a matter of fact. I can't find a fire-bending teacher because all the fire-bender are bad.

"We could look for Jeong Jeong!" Katara said. "Yeah... right. Like we'll ever run into Jeong Jeong again" I said, laying down. "Who's ... oh, never mind. If it's important I'll find out" Toph said.

"Oh well, guess we can't come up with anybody. Why don't we just take a nice tour around the temple?" I said. I open my glider and flies off. I don't want to deal with it right now. I just want to relax for a bit after all the things that have been happening lately. I feel bad for leaving Y/N... but Sokka and the others will look after her for me.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I can see them chasing after me on Appa. Sokka is holding Y/N, so she won't fall off. I let out a sigh and try my best to not give any of them any attention.

"Aang, can we talk about you learning Fire-bending now?" Katara said. "What? The wind is too loud in my ears! Check out this loop!" I said, pretending to not hear her. I start to perform a couple of loops.

"Aang, I think we should be making some plans about our future!" Sokka said. "Okay, we can do that while I show you the giant Pai Sho table! Oh, you're gonna love the all-day echo chamber!" I said. "I think that'll have to wait" Toph said. I turn to look at her in confusion. Appa moves aside to reveal a guy standing there. Not just any guy... the very same guy who betrayed my sister.

"Hello... Zuko here" he said, lifting his hand. I lift my glider, preparing to attack. What the hell is he doing here?? But what do I expect? Chasing us around the world must be his hobby.

"Hey, I heard you guys flying around down there, so, I just thought I'd wait for you here" he said. Appa growls at him and ended up licking him twice. I raise an eyebrow as I lower my glider a little, staring at the sight in front of me in surprise. "I know you must be surprised to see me here" he said.

"Not really, since you've followed us all over the world" Sokka said. "Right. Well, uhhh... anyway... what I wanted to tell you about is that I've changed, and I, uhhh, I'm good now, and well I think I should join your group, oh, and I can teach firebending to you. See, I, uhhh..." he said, the last sentence turning to me.

"You want to what now?" Toph said. "You can't possibly think that any of us would trust you, can you? I mean, how stupid do you think we are?!" Katara said.

"Yeah, all you've ever done is hunt us down and try to capture Aang! You even betrayed Y/N! Now look at her!" Sokka said, pointing at Y/N who's laying on the ground not far from us. Zuko turns his head to look at her.

"Y-Y/N... w-what h-happened to her?" He said. I can see tears building up in his eyes. This makes me start to believe that maybe he have changed. I shake my head. What am I thinking?? He's a bad person... he won't change!

"None of your business! All you need to know is that YOU are the cause... you're the reason Y/N got hurt!" I yelled, glaring at him angrily. Angry tears begin to stream down my cheeks. He tried to walk towards Y/N. But I step in front of her, blocking his sight and stopping him from coming any closer.

"Don't you dare come any closer! Y/N loved you with all her heart. But all you did was caused her pain! You're a monster!" I said. He stops in his track and stares at me with pleading gaze.

"I've done some good things! I mean, I could have stolen your bison in Ba Sing Se, but I set him free. That's something!" He said, trying to argue that he can be good too. Appa licks him again.

"Appa does seem to like him" Toph said. Sokka just stare at him skeptically. "He probably just covered himself in honey or something so that Appa would lick him. I'm not buying it" he said.

"I can understand why you wouldn't trust me, and I know I've made some mistakes in the past" he said. "Like when you attacked our village?" Sokka said. "Or when you stole my mother's necklace and used it to track us down and capture us?" Katara said.

"Look, I admit I've some awful things. I was wrong to try to capture you, and I'm sorry that I attacked the Water Tribe. And I never should have sent that Fire Nation assassin after you. I'm going to try and stop-" he tried to say.

"Wait, you sent Combustion Man after us?" Sokka said, cutting him off. "Well, that's not his name, but-" he said. "Ohhh, sorry. I didn't mean to insult your friend!" Sokka said, sarcastically. "He's not my friend!" He yelled, angrily.

"That guy locked me and Katara in jail and tried to blow us all up!" Toph said. He looks lost for words because everyone is attacking him. He turns to look at me.

"Why aren't you saying anything? You once said you thought we could be friends. You know I have good in me. Y/N believed in me..." he said. I turn to look at the others. Sokka shakes his head at me. I turn to look at Y/N and remembers why she's in this state.

"And you still broke her heart... and betrayed her! There's no way we can trust you after everything you've done. We'll never let you join us..." I said, turning to Zuko angrily.

"You need to get out of here. Now" Katara said. "I'm trying to explain that I'm not that person anymore!" He said. Sokka take a step forward. "Either you leave, or we attack" he said.

"If you won't accept me as a friend, then maybe you'll take me as a prisoner" he said, kneeling down. He lift both of his hands in a surrender manner. "No, we won't!" Katara said. She blasts water at him and sent him backward.

"Get out of here, and don't come back! And if we ever see you again, well, we'd better not see you again!" She said. Zuko looks down dejectedly. He stands up and walks away.

I let out a sigh and walk towards Y/N. I gently pick her up and place her on my lap. I hug her closer. Tears starts to stream down both of my cheeks. I'm sorry... I couldn't protect you better, sis. I'm so sorry..

*to be continued*